Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Picture Album from Photo Website?

Hi everyone,

I got married in April and we finally got our wedding photos on cd.  We can't afford to have a professional album made...so we are going to make one through a photo website.

Has anyone hadany experience with printing albums off of Flickr, Shutterfly, or any other sites?

Thanks for your help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Picture Album from Photo Website?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've personally used Mypublisher.com and Winkflash.com for photo books over the years. I was pleasantly surprised that the quality from winkflash was almost identical to what I received from mypublisher.com and a fraction of the cost. They run really good sales so it's worth checking out their website! I also liked not having to download extra software on my computer like I had to when creating the mypublisher book, you simply upload your photos to your winkflash account and drag/drop them into your layout. The only drawback I've noticed is that winkflash does not have as many different pre-made page layouts.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Shutterfly - great albums, excellent price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photo package comes with a traditional wedding album, but I also wanted to make albums for our parents. I get the feeling that they are pretty pricey from the photographer. I was thinknig about doing a kodak photo book (Or shutterfly, etc). Any thoughts? Has anyone bought a kodak album? The website seemed easy to use.
  • Options
    HaveAGoodDayHaveAGoodDay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For anyone considering making their own wedding album, take a look at ...

http://www.wedesignalbums.com

You provide the images (either upload online or mail a high resolution CD).  They will design a custom album for you.  Once you approve the final design, the images are printed, the album assembled and shipped directly to you.

These are not the magazine style pages, these are the hard mounted pages bound in a flushmount/coffee table style album.  You can choose from many sizes, colors and even an acrylic cover.  These are the same albums many photographers provide to their brides.

Everything is done here in the U.S., so the turn around time is 2-3 weeks total.  You can also call and talk to a real person if you have any questions.

You will not be disappointed!

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards