Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Location Location Location

So I thought I had finally made up my mind about a ceremony and reception venue.  But now I'm second guessing and thinking that I need to find a different ceremony venue.  I had originally thought about doing both the ceremony and reception at the ISU alumni center, but I don't think I like their ceremony space.  It has a staircase in the middle so there would be a railing blocking guests' views and there would be an aisle on each side and I had always envisioned just one aisle and walking down the middle.  So I guess my question for all of you is if you have any suggestions of a place near ames where I could have my ceremony.  I'm having about 110-120 guests.  I don't care whether it's indoors or outdoors.  But would prefer that if it is outdoors that it has a nice rain option.  Oh and I would also prefer it to be fairly inexpensive.  Thanks ladies!

Re: Location Location Location

• Options
    ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Memorial Union?  I know most of their rooms are pretty expensive to rent out but I think the Campanile Room is actually only around 300-400 to rent for six hours.  It's capacity is 170 so it should be big enough.  Also, I'm having my Ceremony at a church downtown, First Christian Church.  They are super nice to work with and it only costs 430 to rent and you get it for the whole day and the night before for the rehearsal.  It holds 366 people so it's pretty much big enough for any wedding and the sanctuary is gorgeous!  I was having the same problem as you a little bit ago so I understand!  I hope those help and that you find a good place soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Rieman gardens (Has indoor space for rain or cold weather)
    Central Campus (Has indoor space for rain or cold weather)
    The park in Northridge by the pond( I can't think of the name right now)
    The Iowa Arboretum  (near Boone)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_location-location-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:80Discussion:c87ad96b-8cf0-4e11-acaf-a9c89857652cPost:34d19ec0-837f-45d5-b2ec-e445743620e1">Re: Location Location Location</a>:
    [QUOTE]The park in Northridge by the pond( I can't think of the name right now)
    Posted by isufans4ever[/QUOTE]

Moore Memorial Park?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...that might be it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards