Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

wedding regrets!

Ok so my wedding was last weekend and we had a beautiful ceremony, lovely weather and everyone apparently had a great time. We forgot one major thing however and this was the thank you speech including our parents and our bridal party. The problem was that my husband said he'd handle the thank yous and that I should just go up with him and second his sentiments so as not to repeat ourselves and prolong the speech portion too much. Well instead he gave a beautiful and touching speech about me and I was left surprised and speechless. He thanked the guests as a whole for coming but we forgot to thank our parents!!! We thanked them personally of course but I am so mortified that in the excitement we forgot to thank them!!! How embarassing!!!!!

Re: wedding regrets!

• Options
    I wouldnt worry about,im sure your parents understand.
    i had a whole thing planned for my husband and with everything going on i totally forgot to do it.things happen  and im sure they know how much you appreciate what they did for you.
  • Options
    Thank you for the reassuring words! I appreciate it.
  • Options
    my wedding regret was that I was so nervous that day, that when I walked down the aisle with my uncle I completely forgot to give him a hug because my fiance started walking toward me to take my hand to the alter from the last pew.. and I got nervous and didn't know what was going on, so I walked up to the alter with my fiance and now I feel bad that I forgot to give my uncle a hug
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Don't worry about that, i'm very certain your uncle understood. It's so easy to forget stuff on your wedding day because you're in a frazzled nervous state and not in your complete right mind. I didn't know I would be like that but I was. People thought I seemed calm but inside I was nervous and a million things were going through my mind at once. I completely understand why you went to your husband and forgot the hug. It's a natural reaction, don't worry!
  • Options
    I've actually never been to a wedding where the bride and groom spoke at all. Honestly, as long as you gave them a personal heart felt thank you or a nice card, I'm sure they will feel appreciated.  I hate speaking in front of people and I plan on thanking our parents privately and giving them a nice note in a card and a gift.  
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.  We didn't do a speech at our wedding and I've never been to a wedding that has.  We gave our parents thank you cards after the wedding to show we appreciated them.  We also thanked them in person.
  • Options
    you could write your speech in the TY card to them
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    oh i wouldn't worry about it either. i've never been to a wedding where they specifically do that.. basically they do just what your dh did. i'm sure they know & you could always put it in a card or something
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards