Rhode Island
Options

Looking for recs for Rehersal Dinner in South County area, Newport wedding

Any good ideas for newport or Naragansett rehersal dinner places?  Looking for something with a private room.

has anyone ever done the newport dinner train?  thanks!

Re: Looking for recs for Rehersal Dinner in South County area, Newport wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about Turtle Soup in Narragansett, they have a small seperate room. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Spain!  We are pretty sure we are having our rehearsal dinner there.  We went there on our 5th date and I knew I had found 'the one'!  <3  Their delicious food & famous sangria is perfect.  
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trio is new and great.
    And I second Turtle Soup. Their food is fantastic.. but the separate room doesn't have the ocean view-- so you might want to ask for the main room.

Otherwise, Spain is nice (no water view though and its REALLY loud in the South County Spain-- I went there for Valentines day twice in college (I know thats really random thought/comment -but I just means because on Valentines day there are  A LOT of people there) and it was always so loud you had to scream over the table
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    mommasocomommasoco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking into Autro Joe's in Mariner Square.  I have maybe 30 ppl.  I have heard GRAET things about Turtle Soup as well.....Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All the places named are good. Spain actually has an upstairs it might be possible to have as a private room, not sure.

Side note - I went to a funeral reception at Triooo in May....it was horrible circumstances, but the food was good and the service was very professional and I think that's noteworthy!
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My rehearsal dinner was at Spain in June. We had the entire upstairs to ourselves. We had around 35 people. Spain did a spectacular job. It was not loud at all. What was also nice was you only paid for whoever showed up that night. We had a variety of appetizers and then a few entrees to pick from and a dessert selection. I did not have to do ANY work ahead of time which was key after dealing with meal choices for the actual wedding.  You also cannot beat the $10pp for beer/wine/sangria!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the main dining room downstairs at Spain can be loud during a busy dinner service, however, the upstairs room where rehearsals are held is NOT loud.  I've eaten in both rooms on numerous occasions.  (I personally love the big, busy dining room downstairs!)

If anyone is considering Arturo Joe's, ask if they will allow other dining guests in the private party room.  My fiance and I were seated in the room (along with several other dinner guests) while there was a rehearsal dinner.  We thought it was sort of strange that we were inches away from the Bride & Groom who were giving their speeches to their families.  I mean, they were having a nice time, but we thought we were intruding on their party and I'm sure they thought the same about us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I lived in Narragansett for many years, and I'm getting married there in April. All of the places mentioned so far are really great. The nice thing about Trio and Turtle Soup is that they're both located in central Narragansett and close to several hotels (if you have guests from out of town). Coast Guard House might also be a possibility as I think they have an upstairs lounge/private space.

If you are looking for a more casual rehearsal dinner, I would consider Simon's (the upstairs martini bar at Charlie O's Tavern). Charlie O's has been a second home for us practically through college and well beyond, so it was a perfect fit. You can book the whole lounge for 4 hours or so with a buffet style dinner (chicken, prime rib and vegetarian option with salad) for a reasonable price. You would have your own bar/bartender available and the staff there is very nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_looking-recs-rehersal-dinner-south-county-area-newport-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a00f1db5-6e0a-40e2-a588-41a75bfc9c07Post:8365a0ce-abd0-4543-9010-295c12dffa09">Re: Looking for recs for Rehersal Dinner in South County area, Newport wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE] If you are looking for a more casual rehearsal dinner, I would consider Simon's (the upstairs martini bar at Charlie O's Tavern). Charlie O's has been a second home for us practically through college and well beyond, so it was a perfect fit. You can book the whole lounge for 4 hours or so with a buffet style dinner (chicken, prime rib and vegetarian option with salad) for a reasonable price. You would have your own bar/bartender available and the staff there is very nice.
    Posted by jkuhn22[/QUOTE]

Ohh I have been to Charlie O's but never went upstairs, Simon's is kind of what I have been looking for! Jkuhn22, I would love to find out more info and some prices, if you see this would you mind emailing me?  delitesmith11 at gmail 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Delite, I'm going to send you an email right now. The post from jkuhn22 was from me - I posted accidentally under my fiance's account while he was working on our website!
  • Options
    Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am getting married in Newport and am researching rehearsal dinners in the area as well. Cost Guard House is on top of my list along with Spain and Amalfi. In Newport I toyed with The Tennis Hall of fame The Mooring and Sardellos. The Bay Voyage in Jamestown is also great.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards