New York-Western

Make up!

Where is everyone getting their make up done?

Re: Make up!

• I'm having www.syracusemakeupartistry.com as my makeup artist. She books quick and is a touch more expensive, but I beleive well worth it! Also, I have found that Wedding Wire is a great place to find vendors in your area.
  • I'm going to A Head of Class in Clarence. They were by far the most reasonably priced salon for hair and make up, both for the bride and bridal party. I had a haircut there last week and was pleased with the stylist, cut, and environment. 
  • I'm using Glam On Location.
  • Hey ladies! Just wanted some feedback! What do you think is better?? Airbrush or Mac? Airbrush is extremely expensive and I have never done that before. To get it done is $150 dollars alone and practice is $100! But my sister is a firm believer that I should do it because its my wedding day. On the other hand, I love Mac makeup and it would only cost me $50! What do you think? Honest opinion and don't pay attention to the price....
  • i'm getting airbrush and i am also using Glam on Location...
  • Glam on Location for me too. I've never had airbrush either, but I think her package to get your hair/makeup done for the wedding plus the trial plus the fact that she's coming right to your house is well worth the money!

Alison
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:cfe6d226-697d-4c0b-8b96-4855a562e4cbPost:250d18f8-6957-49be-8aca-5f8524d5ffa0">Re: Make up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! Just wanted some feedback! What do you think is better?? Airbrush or Mac? Airbrush is extremely expensive and I have never done that before. To get it done is $150 dollars alone and practice is $100! But my sister is a firm believer that I should do it because its my wedding day. On the other hand, I love Mac makeup and it would only cost me $50! What do you think? Honest opinion and don't pay attention to the price....
    Posted by smitsr79[/QUOTE]

I used Stephanie Signorelli w The Makeup Parlour. She comes to you the day off. She did a great job and was fun to have around the morning of. She does airbrush and it was definitely worth the extra cost. It like light, gave great covererage and lasted all day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:cfe6d226-697d-4c0b-8b96-4855a562e4cbPost:87e73f71-89a2-4a42-868f-c1e6eeab2789">Re: Make up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm getting airbrush and i am also using Glam on Location...
    Posted by DreamCLG7[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • how much is it for glam on location???
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_make-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:cfe6d226-697d-4c0b-8b96-4855a562e4cbPost:210594a5-01f9-4589-a3a7-e6edfa358d98">Re: Make up!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to A Head of Class in Clarence. They were by far the most reasonably priced salon for hair and make up, both for the bride and bridal party. I had a haircut there last week and was pleased with the stylist, cut, and environment. 
    Posted by aimeek420[/QUOTE]

I had my hair and makeup done here and I was very pleased. Just wanted to give you an review from actual bride. They did my whole bridal party and got us out of there on time.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Glam on location is booked for my date...I keep looking up more.  I hope I didn't wait too long.
  • I'm using SoChicNow (w/ airbrush makeup). I haven't had my trial yet, but she was well priced, especially for coming to my house the morning of and the reviews on weddingwire were all positive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards