Florida-North Florida
Options

Alterations Recommendations - Ft. Walton Beach/Destin Area

Hi all! :)

I realize this board isn't exactly...lively. But, I need to give it a shot anyway! My wedding is in May and I need to find someone to alter my dress appropriately. The dress is from DB...but, I seriously do not want to use them for my alterations (I have had a horrible experience with them before). 

Any recommendations you can offer would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Re: Alterations Recommendations - Ft. Walton Beach/Destin Area

• Options
    Sorry, i can't help - but i defintly feel your pain.  I purchased my dress from DB as well, and found another seamstress to do the alterations here in Colorado (i'm getting married in Panama City Beach).  Basically i googled "wedding seamstress" and researched each one.  I found an amazing seamstress who just does wedding dresses!!  Have you tried to google?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would suggest calling a bridal shop for their recommendation. I bought my dress at Simply Elegant 850.862.3334 and I know they generally don't do outside dresses but they do have recommendations for alterations poeple in the area.
  • Options
    Thanks for responding!

I did try googling for some options and there are a ton of shops nearby but absolutely none of them have any reviews whatsoever...so, I feel like I'm going to have to blindly choose one. 

I already spoke to the ladies at Simply Elegant and the lady they referred me to has yet to respond to my last two voicemails over the past two weeks. Perhaps she's no longer offering services.

Oh well. I'll just start calling through them all eventually, haha! :P

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards