February 2012 Weddings

wedding update. (long)

Hello ladies hope you are all doing well. So long story short do to some bad clients (didn't pay their bills and one project was suddenly cancelled)  My wedding budget had almost dissappeared. So since most of our family had booked their flights and hotel rooms.  We changed from having a really big wedding to a small intimate wedding. 
We still have the same location for the ceremony. But instead of doing the reception on a large property on the beach and having almost 300 people there. We are having an open ceremony at 4ish (ish because our officiant has a few wedding before ours so if he runs late ). 
We will have chairs set up on the beach with Rum Punch, Panti Rippa's (coconut rum and pineapple juice) bottled water and watermelon mojihtos. This is for before and after ceremony for guests to drink while we have our photos. 
Then family and out of town guests we are going to friends small restaurant with a champagne welcome drink then dinner. We will have speachs and toasts at that time. Also they have a beautiful garden so FI and I will do our first dance, I will the father daughter dance, we will have about an hour of dancing. 
After that we are heading down to our bar that happens to be our most popluar night of the week. We have a great karaoke ( I love Karaoke) we have told friends instead of buying us a gift come and party with us at the bar.  Before I get a lot of comments I talked to a lot of my friends and they are all okay with this. They are just happy to come and celebrate with us.
This way FI and I will not go in debt. 
I am so excited now almost there 3 weeks.

Re: wedding update. (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards