Florida-South Florida
Options

Newbie Introduction and Questions

Hello!

My friends have all recommended The Knot boards...so here I am.  A little about me...

-Engaged on Easter
-Live in Washington D.C./originally from Florida/Wedding in South FL
-We've been together 7 years and are ready to get hitched...so we're planning our wedding for this October (Yes...that's less than 6 months to plan).  Oh, and we're buying a house...we close next month!
-I have a dress...but that's it.  I'll be heading to FL this weekend to finalize the venue and meet vendors.
-Wedding and reception will likely be at the Hilton Singer Island on the beach (sister likes, mom doesn't, which is why I'm coming down this weekend).  Ahh, decisions, decisions!
-I'm having non-bridesmaids...ie, support without having to buy a dress

I'd like to post several questions related to flowers, decorators, etc...is it best to post them separately based on topic?

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Re: Newbie Introduction and Questions

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, Congrats and Happy Planning! I think it would be okay for you to post all your questions in one post if you title it something along the lines of "Lots of Questions! Florist, DJ, etc!". Or at least that's what I would do! Can't wait to read your plans and chat!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    MarypashMarypash member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got engaged a few days before Easter and my wedding is this October as well, so congrats and happy planning!  You'll find it's not too difficult to book vendors over the phone and e-mail, and it's great that you have family to give in-person reviews.  Everyone here is really helpful, so I'm sure you'll have lots of success! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Happy planning. Try and get the bigger Vendors out of the way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    RaquelSRaquelS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome!!
    *So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Abbey!!! Congrats on your engagement and happly planning!! We are date twins, so exciting!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!

I am also getting married in October, and around the same area.

We looked at the Hilton Singer Island, and it was actually at the top of our list until we found our venue.  We really liked Nikole, the coordinator, and she seemed very flexible. 

It's a very neat venue b/c you can have the ceremony on the beach, but they have a platform down in the sand, so you and your guests can still get away with wearing heels if you want to.  And the permanent deck space for the reception has plenty of room (and a roof - and drop down plastic sides if you need them).

*One thing to definitely ask about though - they are planning to do some renovations on the hotel starting in October.  Make sure you ask her what area they will be working on.  She told us this would not affect the wedding areas at all and they will only be doing one section at a time, but it would be nice if they weren't working on the middle of the lobby when your guests walk in.

One perk of this, though, is that some of their preferred vendors know that and are offering specials during the hotel construction - so if they are working on an out of the way area on your date, they it may end up being a very good deal for you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards