Getting in Shape
Options

Need your advice for The Knot Mag

Hi everyone, I'm our fitness editor at The Knot and I'm working on a story for our next regional magazine! 

Are you trying to tone up/get in shape for your wedding day? Any exercise tips, stories or weight loss advice? Have you done anything to combat food cravings? 

Let me know and thanks so much!

Re: Need your advice for The Knot Mag

• Options
    HI All,

I know that Amanda does not have a Knot name (some weird glitch), but be sure to answer!

Thanks,

KA
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • Options
    I just trained for and completed my second half marathon. Having a set goal like that looming really helps me stick with my training. I finished, but after that I plateaued- now I am working on interval training to speed up the weight loss and incorporated some strength training & weights into my routine. I only have 4 more lbs to go, but this has been a real lifestyle change. It has given me more energy, sounder sleep, and has really kept away the high stress of wedding planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Persistance...and regularily trying on the wedding dress to see how you are progressing! ;)
  • Options
    i bought my extremely form fitting dress already, so every time I want a slice of cake when we're celebrating an office birthday, I have to weigh 5 minutes of pleasure against $300 of alterations. 

I keep healthy snacks- things like carrots, red peppers, edemame, nuts, and low fat cheese- around my desk at all times.  If I'm constantly snacking throughout the day, I'll be less likely to start suddenly crazing pizza and burgers.

Finally, I prep my snacks for the week ahead of time.  I keep pepper slices, celery with low fat cream cheese, and little tubs of fruit & nut mixes (blueberries and walnuts are a fav!) in the fridge, so if I'm in the mood for a snack the healthy stuff is just as convenient and appealing as the junk.
  • Options
    I bought a dress that FIT. This is my greatest piece of advice. I was planning on losing weight but I didn't. I still went to the gym but I didn't change my eating habits enough. The key is in the eating but regardless, you need to remember that you will be beautiful on your wedding day because regardless of your size, the man (or woman!) at the end of the aisle loves you the way you are.  

Oh, and drink lots of water. :)
  • Options
    I'm always about doing something you love, so it isn't a chore to get out and exercise.  I recently started taking horseback riding lessons and have exchanged mucking stalls and exercising the horses (walking the older ones and lunging/turning out the younger ones) for payment for the lessons.  It's a win-win because I spend less money, and I get exercise both from riding twice a week and doing the work to pay for my lessons.  Best part is I love it all, so I'm always excited to go back!
  • Options
    I get really bored with cardio so I've been trying to try different things to combat the bordem. I can stream my Netflix on my iPhone so I will put on an episode of a TV show . I find I don't really need to look at it all the time but keeping up with the story distracts me. Sometimes I get sick of listening to my music or trying to watch the TVs in the gym. I have also started going to a spin class once a week - nice way to change things up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Write down what you eat. I didn't realize how much I depended on carb snacks. Almost everything I snacked on.. from rice cakes, to wheat thins, to triscuits.. you would think is healthy is not. I found other snacks like crunchy green bean chips from whole foods. They are yummy and a lighter on the carbs. I found that I didn't eat enough protein. This can slow down weightloss. 

Finally, sharing your struggles. When you know that someone else out there knows exactly how you feel. It helps you feel less alone and you're more likely to be accountable for your food actions. 
    LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I already eat healthy, so I haven't changed my eating habits at all.

However, I do want to stay in good shape and I want my arms, shoulders, and back to look toned in my wedding dress.  I started the Insanity workout in hopes of reaching my goals.  It's a tough workout, but I love it.  I've even lost weight (which I wasn't even trying to do).

The best part is that FI is doing the workout with me.  We motivate each other to do the workout each day, no matter how tired we are or how lazy we feel like being.  We constantly push each other to work harder.  I love that this is something we can do together.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance and I both started the Couch 2 5K program on my birthday this summer, and it's been an amazing tool in our weight loss arsenal. We finished the program and I kept going, and now I'm 21 pounds lighter! Plus, I found that running is a waaaaaay better de-stresser than 4 Snickers bars in a row ever were! I feel really lucky we found this program and that he was willing to do it with me. We both found out what we're made of, learned to do something new together and got closer as we moaned and complained and surpassed every hurdle -- together! It was a really good pre-wedding bonding experience.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards