Offbeat Weddings
Options

Wedding Mansion Drama Has Officially Started

I knew it was gonna happen someday!  I can see it, and so far I am laughing about it.  Either that is a good sign, or I've already gone crazy.

Anyways we are renting a mansion for a few days and doing the event in the backyard.  The mansion sleeps 24 of our 50-70 guests so we're inviting a lot of friends and family to sleep there (for free, and only if they want to).  Even divorced, remarried parents are cool with sleeping under the same roof together.  But I knew it wouldn't be 100% perfect, because that's life.

Today my mother attempted to plant the seed that I should choose between my sister or my stepfather staying there.  Obviously sis and stepdad don't get along.  He has apologized, but sis is being stubborn.  I think Mom wants me to be the bad guy so that she isn't the one telling her husband he can't come.

Instead, I'm going to talk to my sister like an adult.  Because, you know, we're adults.  What a concept.  Both sides are having financial issues and could really use free lodging.  Well, there's a price for it - being cordial. 
imageimageimage

Re: Wedding Mansion Drama Has Officially Started

• Options
    Good for you doing the adult thing.

All you have to do is tell each of them that the other is invited to stay the night.  If they have a problem with that, then they can find other accomodations.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Exactly.  My mom is totally creating the problem.  Stepdad and sis either don't care or haven't thought that far ahead.  I think she has her own reasons for not wanting her husband to come.  Can't figure out what they are, but don't wanna put a lot of effort into thinking about it. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Huh.  Well, if she can't be adult enough to tell you her problem, it's not your job to be  a mind reader!

Good luck though!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_wedding-mansion-drama-officially-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:8319c036-c0c8-4cb8-bcdb-71b760948894Post:525e9a75-f39b-4d8e-ac52-d5eefb07a9dc">Re: Wedding Mansion Drama Has Officially Started</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good for you doing the adult thing. All you have to do is tell each of them that the other is invited to stay the night.  If they have a problem with that, then they can find other accomodations.
    Posted by lindseyann410[/QUOTE]
    This.  Let your mom fight her own battles.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    that sucks MA! hang in there girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards