Wisconsin
Options

Vera's House of Bridal

Anyone plan on going, or have gone to Vera's too look for a dress? I've been looking online at some of their dresses, while trying to find some type of retail price. I am reallly in love with the Casablanca line. Any help with knowing some rough estimates.
Happy planning! Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot

Re: Vera's House of Bridal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there for a friend's wedding dress search and they were great. They really went out of their way to help you find the perfect dress and took as much time as you needed. They have a nice sized room set up so your bridesmaids/mother etc can sit in while you try on all the dresses. We had a great experience with them. Good luck!
    "Love it touching souls, Surely you've touched mine" J. Mitchell Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't go for dresses, but for veils.  I wasn't impressed. 

1) I called ahead and asked to make an appointment.  They told me an appointment was not necessary.  When we arrived there was no one avilable to help up us, so we had to wait.  When someone did become available, she rushed us. 
    2) I asked to see a short veil for my outdoor wedding.  They said that wouldn't look good with my dress (which they had never seen, I just described) and brought me 3 long veils, all over $200.  I again asked to see short veils, they said no.  So we left. 

I have heard mixed reviews from my friends as well. 

If you are up for a bit of a drive I have only heard raves about Brandi's in New Glarus. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend that now works there, and really wants me to go there. She only went to Vera's because her mom wanted her to have the experence of going there. Since we are trying to budget as much as we can, I am now thinking of going to David's Bridal.
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who went there and loved it.  She said they were amazing and her dress on the day of her wedding was absolutely beautiful.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from Vera's back in 2006.  It was a great experience-I went in not knowing too much about what I wanted and came out with a dress ordered.  The consultant was very helpful and spent more than the allotted amount of time with me.  If you can go on a day other than Friday or Saturday that would probably be best.

I plan to return to Vera's for alterations even though it is a 90 mile drive each way.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ordered my Mon Cheri dress from Vera's two weeks ago. Vanessa was fantastic! I had a long list of dresses taken from their website I was interested in looking at. They surprisingly had only a few of them, so beware not everything on their site is available to try on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Vera's clearance center in Janesville. The lady there was extremely nice and more than willing to help. Vera was also there herself (as the place is connected to her house) and she is extremely nice as well. She even walks your dress out to your car for you and gives you a lady who does alterations here in Madison if you don't want to go back down to their Janesville store for alterations. Yes there are a lot of outdated dresses there but there are also a lot of modern dresses. They have a wide variety of designs and prices. I would suggest going to look there and see if you can find anything there especially if you are on a budget.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hmholdenhmholden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't end up getting a dress from there, but I went there to look and liked it. Everyone was very nice, they had beautiful dresses, and the prices were reasonable. The girl who helped me (I unfortunately can't remember her name) was very nice and didn't rush me. I would recommend them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice ladies!! It sounds like I won't be going dress shopping for at least another year or so. Hopefully this will give me more time to save up or a dress and hopefully more dresses that I can really fall in love with! I wish I would fall in love with more dresses at Vera's.
  • Options
    ginagthangginagthang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Went there for a  friends wedding and the service sucked! My friends tiny and so they put her in all these dresses because They wanted to see how they looked on her. They pulled out nothing that she asked for. that was a couple years ago.

Just went to Davids Bridal this last weekend for my cousins wedding. The lady rushed us and was very rude and didn't seem to know her inventory.

I've had great service at Beautiful Brides on the East side of Madison and ended up getting my bridesmaid dresses there and my moms dress.

• Options
    ginagthangginagthang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to say I got a Casablanca gown and it was about $800
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_veras-house-of-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:a0879534-375f-4a80-bc41-391b100e9eaaPost:e8df3c3b-e02e-410f-85c9-5c3db7c4692d">Re: Vera's House of Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot to say I got a Casablanca gown and it was about $800
    Posted by ginagthang[/QUOTE]

There is a dress that I really like from Casablanca. Hopefully the one I like is only around $800 as well. It would amazing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is the dress I am really in love with...

• Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty dress!
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought the dress! Ordered it yesterday! Should be in, in about 6 months, which by that time it will only be 19 months until the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards