Ohio-Cleveland

Churches that Will Marry Non-Members

Does anyone know of any churches that will marry non-members and the cost if you do know.  I live in Brunswick and my reception is in Strongsville.  Churches in Medina, Strongsville, North Royalton, Berea, Middleburg Hts, Brunswick, etc.  I do not want to go too much farther than that. 

Thanks in Advance Ladies!

Re: Churches that Will Marry Non-Members

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at Pleasant Hills United Methodist Church in Middleburg Hts. Pastor Buckeye was great and does marry nonmembers. As nonmembers, I believe the fee was $300 or so, including the church, janitorial staff, & pastor. The organist would have been an additional $150, but we used our own musicians instead. It's a nice church, and very modern, yet comfortable inside.

Also, there's a Methodist church in Berea near Baldwin-Wallace that also marries nonmembers that we considered. It's more old fashioned, classic 'church' architecture. It was nice, but we felt it was darker than we had in mind.

Old Oak Bible Church in Middleburg Hts. also marries nonmembers. IIRC, they are nondenominational. Middleburg Hts. Community Church on Bagley near the parkway is worth checking out, too.

In Olmsted Falls, you might consider Grand Pacific Wedding Chapel, if you don't want a church at all. They are nondenominational. Cost is $1k for a ceremony and their chapel is best for smaller guest lists.

Happy planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • swtasaswtasa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Church at Stony Hill in Medina is nice and where I'm getting married. But Pastor Shanoon makes you do wedding consouling first. It's 425 for non-members you get the church for 2 hours and it sits up to 250 people.

http://www.churchatstonyhill.com/

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I second United Methodist.  We're going with the one in Kent, and it's $500 for the officiant, building and janatorial services.  But you have to do 2 premarital counseling sessions, about 1 hour each.  Ours were way fun!  You fill out questionnaires and talk about what you want for your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards