Canada-Ontario

Clarification

Hello :)

I would just like some clarification why is it so bad or rude to write adult reception on invitations. FI is adament that he wants it on the invites as we have families who are quite dumb and will not understand the whole idea that whoever is listed on the invite are the only ones invited.

I know this because we have told everyone that we do not want children there. (Only children will be his two and they are leaving after the ceremony / pictures) even though we have flat out told these people that children are NOT invited we have still been told "though the grape vine" that certain people on both sides still think they can bring their kids to the ceremony. 

FI and I do not feel it is right to drink when children are present and i hate kids at weddings.. Some children may sit quietly but honestly i have not been to one wedding that had children invited where i was able to hear the whole ceremony without an interruption.

so back to the original question, why is it so rude? & added on what should we be doing?
Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Clarification

• You could put the following on the invite: "We have reserved two seats in your honour" so they know they can only bring themselves. Would that help?
  • edited March 2012
    that might work... only problem is the people who have not been invited with a guest...

unless i write that out by hand and change some of them to we have reserved a seat in your honour....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE that you have the balls to do that! I *wish* I could for my wedding, FI sister is due 2 months before the wedding and fully intends on bringing her child with her-not impressed.

dont want to hear it or have to get photos with it.
    babies are smelly, noisy and have a knack for spitting up/ oozing things where you really dont want them too
    call me a child hater if you will but I know I'm  not kid friendly(as do the majority of our guests-its been made very clear that we will not be reproducing-ever)  and dont know why I have to pretend to be on my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i just think there are functions that should have kids and then there are times that they shouldn't be around! Wedding are at the top of that list LOL

I love FI children's and one day wish to have my own BUT i would never bring them to a wedding haha i mean i find it slightly disrespectful of people who decide to bring their children... especially the ones that are dense enough to bring them after you have been told no!

it obviously won't ruin my day if someone does but i probably will have someone tell them that they have to take the kids somewhere else. ... harsh yes but i won't have people drinking around kids

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_clarification?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:63a3583b-8819-4161-91a0-a90d8b2a773fPost:b698922a-9280-4308-ac62-116a197a5f46">Re: Clarification</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE that you have the balls to do that! I *wish* I could for my wedding, FI sister is due 2 months before the wedding and fully intends on bringing her child with her-not impressed.<strong> dont want to hear it</strong> or have to get photos with it.<strong> babies are smelly, noisy and have a knack for spitting up/ oozing things where you really dont want them too</strong> Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]

agreed!!!!!! and thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i've seen on invitations where it reads "children welcome to the ceremony, adults only reception"
    we are doing that for our wedding as well, and I do not think it is rude.
  • as much as some people on here hate it, it's YOUR wedding.
    We put "adult reception to follow" on our invites. No complaints from anyone.
    I love love love children; however, my ceremony is on a Friday evening with the reception starting right after. Our friends and family are big drinkers, and working in child welfare, I don't necessarily think it an appropriate place for children. PLUS it's OUR wedding. I want our adult guests to have fun!
  • it;s hard to please everyone..u just can't
    Mashavoo
  • thanks! i think we will just stick to what we were going to do and write adults only... i was also thinking of putting on the RSVP cards "__of 2" to make it that much more clear who is invited and who is not...
    Hopefully people are smart enough not to write 3 of 2 !

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_clarification?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:63a3583b-8819-4161-91a0-a90d8b2a773fPost:67e11cba-9445-4c16-bf9d-75717a398bad">Re: Clarification</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clarification : Never underestimate your guests. My fiance built us an online system that individually listed each person with a drop down box of "will attend' or "will not attend" next to each name. We still had people who tried to RSVP with extra people.
    Posted by petite+engineer[/QUOTE]
     Really?!?!  I just don't understand this concept...how do you invite more people to someone else's wedding? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_clarification?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:63a3583b-8819-4161-91a0-a90d8b2a773fPost:67e11cba-9445-4c16-bf9d-75717a398bad">Re: Clarification</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Clarification : Never underestimate your guests. My fiance built us an online system that individually listed each person with a drop down box of "will attend' or "will not attend" next to each name. We still had people who tried to RSVP with extra people.
    Posted by petite+engineer[/QUOTE]

wow.... what did you say to them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards