Maine
Options

When should I start? Baking 200...

whoopie pies!! I know they freeze well, but I'm wondering how long I should have them frozen for. The wedding is August 6. I'm also making 200 cake pops for favors, which can only be done a month or so in advance, so I'd really love to get the whoopie pies done ahead of time so I'm not stressing about ALL the baking!

Ideas?

Re: When should I start? Baking 200...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am wondering the same thing.  FI and I have decided to do a whoopie pie bar during the cocktail hour.

I think it would depend on how much freezer space you have and how many you plan on making at a time.  I was planning on making mine throughout the month of august for my September wedding.
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat. I'm baking cookies for the hotel bags....and I have zero freezer space! Good thing one of my friends offered hers. :)

I'm going to try and get them done the weekend before the wedding, then they'll only be in the freezer a few days. That being said, I'm only doing 120 or so
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would think a month before would be ok.  Does stuff in your freezer (or the freezer you're using) generally get bad frostburn?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't go more than a month...freezer burn etc. I'd have like a big cooking spree get together with bridesmaids or something to make it fun and get a lot done at once!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards