Wedding Party
Options

So, um, law school

I'm going to wait for a couple years.

I just got my unofficial score back. Ugh. Not even remotely competitive for the place I wanted to attend. But I think it might be a sign to wait. My score combined with the advice from brooke and tricia have kind of made it official.

I'm actually kind of relieved. I've been a complete basketcase the past couple weeks about law school, my score, graduation, getting married, moving somewhere else, money, money...did I mention finances??

I'll wait.

Big thanks, Brooke and Tricia =)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
Photobucket

Re: So, um, law school

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I know how you feel. I have put finishing school on the back burner for now. I moved to be with my now husband. I thought I had everything hooked up and ready to go to finish school here in GA. Long story short, I was deceived and would of had to take a bunch of tests in order to be admitted. They did not tell me this when I was in contact with the college before I moved, or perhaps my decision would have been different whether to move or stay and finish school. I have already taken these tests in OH, it is just that the licensing requirements from state to state are different and I would have to take their set of tests.

Money has also been really tight for us, too. I haven't even been able to take online classes like I was doing before the wedding. As soon as we are able to move back, I will then finish school regardles if I have to take out loans.

I think as long as you have the motivation and iniative to finish, you will. My cousin (who in fact went to JMU for undergrad) just became an attorney after about 10 yrs of school. Of course, she decided to go ahead and get her Master's in the process or perhaps she would have been done before now. It was a long, hard road, but she did it. All the hard work has payed off as she landed a job in a really good law firm in VA.
  • Options
    That is probably a good idea. My FI is freaking out that he won't be able to get a law job after he graduates in May. The law market right now is over saturated and waiting a few years is a good idea.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    I think that's probably a good idea at this point.  I know that's not an easy decision to make, but I think you have a lot to gain by waiting.  And if your LSAT score isn't what you think it can and should be, you can always retake it since now most, if not all, law schools will take your highest score.  <puts on crochety old lady voice> In my day you could only average your LSAT scores.

Also, if you do decide in the end to go, doing something else for a few years will really help your application.  But if you've been such a basket case about the application, imagine what living hell your life will be if you go.  It doesn't get much more fun, and it'll be even worse if you don't enjoy the law.

Always around if you want to talk about it more!  But like I said, knowing everything you've told me, I think this is probably the right call.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards