Honeymoon Discussions

Antigua

Has anyone been to Antigua and stayed at any of the all inclusive resorts?  We are looking to go there for our honeymoon but don't know which resort to choose or stay away from. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Antigua

• I've never been but I always use Trip Advisor for reviews on hotels/resorts. HTH! =]
  • We stayed at Sandals in Antigua.  It was okay, but I'd probably stay somewhere else.  We heard wonderful things about Galley Bay.

If you want my Trip Advisor review on Sandals, PM me and I'll send you the link.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Thank you for the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, my fiance and I went to Antigua a couple of years ago.  We stayed at Galley Bay, an all-inclusive resort which (most of the time) does not allow children.  It was absolutely lovely.  If you're looking for a jumping, raucous resort, this is not it.  But, if you seek peace and solitude ... you'll probably like Galley Bay.  Plus, the staff is fabulous!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_antigua-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9aece98d-ce1f-4272-8563-a1e0ff3a7d83Post:4381b572-a257-459b-9bdf-943b8449806b">Re: Antigua</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, my fiance and I went to Antigua a couple of years ago.  We stayed at Galley Bay, an all-inclusive resort which (most of the time) does not allow children.  It was absolutely lovely.  If you're looking for a jumping, raucous resort, this is not it.  But, if you seek peace and solitude ... you'll probably like Galley Bay.  Plus, the staff is fabulous!!
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, which type of room did you have? We've been debating the cottages and I want opinions... Thanks!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards