New York-Upstate
Options

Syracuse area cakes?

Hi,

I think my fiance and I are going to get a small cake for the cutting/photos and then serve a sheet cake for the guests to cut down on the expense. Does anyone have any experience with or know a bakery in the Syracuse area that would be good to work with?

Re: Syracuse area cakes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Pascale's bakery.  We had the groom's cake and our wedding cake from there!  Maria was great to work with and everyone loved the cake!!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello  - I used Bella Bakery in Baldwinsville... Leah was great to work with... we did a small two tiered cake for cutting/top to save, and then we did cupcakes for all of our guests (120 total cupcakes), and we spent about $200 total on everything... they are very traditional for cake decorating though.. no fondant (I dont think)... very italian style bakery, but I have no compl;aints - and everyone thought the cupckaes were delicious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Patisserie in Skaneatles--I went to two weddings that had their cake and when I went in for the consultation, Michael remembered each wedding and remembered that they BOTH had fake tiers in them and I had no idea.  The fake tiers still allows me to have the 4 tiers that I want with the cost that I need (with a sheet cake in the back as well).  I think this is an option for a lot of places but he didn't have a problem telling me that's how we can cut costs.  Good luck!

• Options
    Bennyswoman4Bennyswoman4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently trying to find a bakery as well for my wedding in october; I wanted to feed 160 people and bella was going to charge me 625 for it which I'd like it to be less. I haven't thought of Pascale's though! I can check that out- I'm in the process right now of just seeing the different vendors prices
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards