California-San Diego
Options

Catering: Indulge vs. ArtQuest vs. Abbey?

I've gotten quotes from a bunch of different caterers for our reception at the Coronado Community Center.  Indulge, Artquest, and the Abbey seem the best on paper - but does anyone have experience working with any of these three??

Kate with the Abbey isn't very personable, but their prices are great and they have good reviews.

Indulge and ArtQuest both have friendlier staff, but maybe they're just better salespeople?  Any help would REALLY be appreciated!  For this amount of money (we'll have 150 guests) it's almost like buying a car!!  :-)

Re: Catering: Indulge vs. ArtQuest vs. Abbey?

• Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got quotesith all of those three!  I liked indulge, and a friend used t hem for her wedding.  We didn't end up going with them, but they were very helpful and their food is very good.  A bit pricy though.

I wouldn't reccomend Abbey.  I personally had a heck of a time getting them to give me a quote, revise their mistakes, and answering any questions.  I eventually gave up, and they never followed up with me, which I don't think is very good business practices.

Did you look at Toast catering.  We almost went with them.  thier prices were great, adn their chef, sam was so nice when i talked to him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Frenchy - who do you end up going with for catering?

The Abbey took a while to get back to me, have not offered to meet in person, and in general make me feel pretty unimportant!  You really can't put a price on good customer service.

I will definitely look into Toast.  I think they're on the list of approved caterers for the venue.  Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we ended up going with a different venue, so we are just using their in-house catering.  We had the choice of brinign someone else in, but this was easier.

Good luck! No matter who you go with, the food will be excellent, I've noticed they all come highly reccomened
  • Options
    MonciaanneMonciaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 3 choices of caterers which were Continental Catering, Personal Touch Dining, and Abbey.

We went with Personal Touch.  I would HIGHLY recommend them.  I have gone through some venue issues and they have been so helpful, understanding, and overall amazing!  Their food is great and their customer service is top notch. 

Continental Catering was good, but I didn't feel their service could match up to Personal Touch. 

I was impressed by Abbey's food, but that was it.  I would agree with what some others on this post have said, their customer service needs help.  I did not have a hard time getting a quote or meeting with them, but when I did meet with them the experience was bad.  It was like being at a car dealership, very impersonal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any experience using Artquest?  I am considering using them for my wedding next year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards