Texas-Austin

Engagement Picture Location - Austin

Hello All, 

I am from Houston and having my wedding in Houston. However, our photographer is Austin based. We are looking into sites to do our engagement pictures there instead of Houston. We would want mostly nature/park/lake type pcitures. Any suggestions?

Re: Engagement Picture Location - Austin

• edited December 2011
    Im not actually from Austin but im filling in for the mod while she gets married. I would say anywhere around the Capitol building. Theres lots of parks and nature and some cool buildings as well. Hope some of our other Austin knotties will help with this one but if not ill do some searching for you.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard Mayfield park is fun for engagements - pretty scenery with peacocks too!
  • edited December 2011
    We took our pictures at Butler Park/Long Center. There you can take a picture with the downtown Austin skyline in the background, and in Butler Park, there are great nature/park shots. We also went to the Capitol, which is very popular. We took some in front of the Capitol as well as on the grounds around it which are lush and green. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    We took our pics at Butler Park and then on Lamar Street bridge.  Great views of the city and some beautiful scenery.  HTH
  • myoung0892myoung0892 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We started at the Capital and walked down Congress Ave all the way to Jo's on South Congress and took pictures as we went along. We were able to get some really good shots and some of Austins quirky personality. The photog we used also has done shoots in the Zilker Botannical Gardens, Mayfield Park, and the Domain(an outdoor, very modern mall).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mirandaorrmirandaorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I will look up those parks/areas and ask our photographer what he thinks as well. I didn't want to do too much "city" since we are not from Austin and have never lived there but would like the pictures to have a Texas feel. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards