Rhode Island

Massage & nail salon recommendations?

Hi Ladies!   Looking for recommendations for wedding day massage and nail salons in Newport.  Would love to be able to get both services at one location, but would also consider separate massage place if highly recommended.  Any suggestions?  I've read mixed reviews on the spa at the Hyatt and they're on the higher end of the price range so not sure how confident I'd feel booking there.  Has anyone had any experience at Wave Lengths Salon & Spa (for massage/mani/pedi, not hair)?  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Massage & nail salon recommendations?

• amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Marriott Hotel Spa? We aren't using it  (getting it done before we head to newport for our wedding), but when I toured the Marriott for my wedding they gave us a tour of the spa too. It looked really nice.
  • edited December 2011
    I got a massage and a body scrub at the Hyatt spa the day before my wedding and both were wonderful!  My skin was so smooth after the body scrub. 

I got my nails done at Angel nails the morning of my wedding.  They are located across from City Hall in Newport.  I didn't have a wedding party but all of my girlfriends, my sister, mom and mom's friend went together.  My mom got champagne, orange juice, fruit, pastries, bagels, etc. and they opened up early for us so we had the place to ourselves.  It was so much fun and a great way to stay relaxed that morning! 

I got a manicure at the Hyatt the day after I got engaged (my Husband proposed at the Hyatt wehen we were staying there one weekend) and it was awful.  It was very expensive for a manicure and not good at all.  I may have just had a bad experience that one time but I wasn't willing to risk it for my wedding!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I've read similar reviews re: nails at the Hyatt... Am beginning to think I'll likely go to two different places for massage and nails...  Any additional suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards