California-San Diego

Venue Help!

My FI and I are planning a "nautical" themed wedding and we are searching for the perfect venue. Preferably something on the water, maybe a deck or a dock.... Anyone know of any locations or have any ideas? All help is appreciated! Thanks :-)

Re: Venue Help!

• What about Star of the Sea Event Center? It's not a deck or dock but it's right on the water. Or what about a boat? Check out Hornblower Cruises. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Birch Aquarium, Mission Bay Rowing Club,  La Jolla Shores Hotel is right on the beach, Scripps Forum.....
  • BAli Hai on Shelter Island,right on the water.
  • How many people and when?  That will narrow your choices considerably.

I'm getting married at Mission Bay Yacht Club.  I'm not having a nautical theme, but you could definitely play that up!

We also considered:
    SD Rowing Club (on the same peninsula as MB Yacht Club)
    Marina Village
    ZLAC (too small for our 175 people, but I've heard many good things about it.)
    Scripps Aquarium
    Scripps Forum (gorgeous & books 1.5-2 years in advance!)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    engaged on 5/29/11... Kelly & Andy to be married -- September 29, 2012
  • I am doing flowers for a wedding at Tom Ham's... they are right on the bay. Check them out. Also, try Bali Hai. I had my own wedding rehersal there and loved it. I have also done flowers for a few weddings there too and it's beautiful- right on the bay. They remodeled recently too!
  • McRogolMcRogol member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    La Jolla Bridge club!  Right on the grassy park area down by the water at La Jolla Village! 
    Scripps Seaside Forum
    Coronado Community Center - one of my faves - photographed many weddings there and LOVE it!!!!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards