Florida-Central Florida

Honeymooning in Orlando!- questions please!

Hi Ladies!
Most of you must be locals, am I right?  I am from Upstate NY and will be honeymooning at Orange Lakes Resort in Jan!!   Can anyone please tell me where to get CHEAP park tickets from?  Also- anything else that is worthy of mention for us?  Thank you SOO much for any ideas/suggestions..
God is Faithful!

Re: Honeymooning in Orlando!- questions please!

• Wow seriously?  Not one post, helping a girl out..  hmm
    God is Faithful!
  • Its probably because there is no such thing as "cheap" Disney tickets lol. Unless you know someone that works there you are probably stuck with full price. Military gets a decent discount through their ITR office. Some timeshares will give them away if you go on their tours/sale pitch but you probably don't want to waste a day of your honeymoon doing that.
    There are other great parts of Orlando that are not Disney too. Are you interested in going off Disney property at all? How long and where are you staying in town? Will you have a vehicle?
  • AAA gives a discount, we're FL Residents so ours are less. I love Disney, but I'm partial because I'm getting married there. Like PP said there ARE other things to see besides the parks but if you've saved $$ and what you want is park time, I suggest you check the websites and see if there is a seasonal pass discount or something. Orlando and Kissimmee are fun, there's a lot of go-kart places and mini golf and there is a fantastic place on I-Drive called IceBar that's definitely worth checking out! HTH

SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Thank you!!!!  This was helpful.  I appreciate you taking the min. to post a response.  : )
    We are open to goiing other places.  We are def doing Universal and my FAV place, Seaworld...Disney isn't a must- especially considering we are on a budget.  I would love to, since we are having a Winter Fairytale theme...but, alas, may not be in the wallet.
    We are staying in Kissimmee at my aunt and uncles timeshare (wedding gift!!)  : D
    I can get a discount through my Union at work, but unfortunately this requires you purchasing the tickets BEFORE the wedding and we just dont have that money.  We will have to use some of our wedding funds towards whatever we decided to do there.

God is Faithful!
  • OHH whats Icebar??

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_honeymooning-in-orlando-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:c3ed232c-62c4-41a9-afda-514d3b22512aPost:6d4471fc-6b8e-4856-91e6-ab043a05b69e">Re: Honeymooning in Orlando!- questions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AAA gives a discount, we're FL Residents so ours are less. I love Disney, but I'm partial because I'm getting married there. Like PP said there ARE other things to see besides the parks but if you've saved $$ and what you want is park time, I suggest you check the websites and see if there is a seasonal pass discount or something. Orlando and Kissimmee are fun, there's a lot of go-kart places and mini golf and there is a fantastic place on I-Drive called IceBar that's definitely worth checking out! HTH
    Posted by STBMrsDio[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • I would encourage you to look outside of the touristy places and take day trips to places like Winter Park and New Symerna Beach. You will have to drive there but they are 'old Florida' places and are WAYYYY less expensive than anywhere on I-Drive or in the Disney area.
    In Winter Park there is Park Avenue for shopping and the Winter Park boat tour that goes out on the lakes and Saturdays they have a great farmers market.
    At New Symerna beach you can drive on the beach and set up for the day. Lots of fun shops and great restaurants.
    There are also great "old Florida" attractions like Gatorland or Wikki Watchee to check out. 
    You can go to Gaylord Palms Resort for dinner one night. The hotel has a 5 acre Atrium in 3 separate sections themes Key West, St. Augustine, and the Everglades. Real St. Augustine is a great place to visit too but that is up near Jacksonville. In the winter they do an event called ICE! that is pretty impressive. I don't know if it'll still be open when you come into town but its a huge display of ice carvings and slides that you can walk through. They bring in Ice sculptors from China in September to start carving for the event. Its really cool.

If you keep an eye on Groupon sometimes they have a deal for the dinner shows like Midevil Times or a Murder Mystery theater. Those can be fun and are usually in the I-drive area.

IceBar is a bar where everything is made out of ice... chairs, glasses, bar, walls. Its pretty pricey but is a fun experience.
  • Thank you for the cool tips!!!  : )
    Honestly though, I want to stay AWAY from anytihng related to ICE..LOL.  We have enough of it in my drive way at home in Upstate NY.  LOL.  I chose Florida to escape the winter stuff.  ; )  I am soo looking forward to it!  Praying for GOOD weather!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_honeymooning-in-orlando-questions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:c3ed232c-62c4-41a9-afda-514d3b22512aPost:cdaf6030-8eaa-4e90-9f92-8f8a8f6ff674">Re: Honeymooning in Orlando!- questions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would encourage you to look outside of the touristy places and take day trips to places like Winter Park and New Symerna Beach. You will have to drive there but they are 'old Florida' places and are WAYYYY less expensive than anywhere on I-Drive or in the Disney area. In Winter Park there is Park Avenue for shopping and the Winter Park boat tour that goes out on the lakes and Saturdays they have a great farmers market. At New Symerna beach you can drive on the beach and set up for the day. Lots of fun shops and great restaurants. There are also great "old Florida" attractions like Gatorland or Wikki Watchee to check out.  You can go to Gaylord Palms Resort for dinner one night. The hotel has a 5 acre Atrium in 3 separate sections themes Key West, St. Augustine, and the Everglades. Real St. Augustine is a great place to visit too but that is up near Jacksonville. In the winter they do an event called ICE! that is pretty impressive. I don't know if it'll still be open when you come into town but its a huge display of ice carvings and slides that you can walk through. They bring in Ice sculptors from China in September to start carving for the event. Its really cool. If you keep an eye on Groupon sometimes they have a deal for the dinner shows like Midevil Times or a Murder Mystery theater. Those can be fun and are usually in the I-drive area. IceBar is a bar where everything is made out of ice... chairs, glasses, bar, walls. Its pretty pricey but is a fun experience.
    Posted by kbiggs11[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • Don't know when the Honeymoon is or if this is too late, but I'd say to try and stay away from any bars located on I-Drive, they're just going to be really crowded and expensive. There's a really nice goofy golf area there though, Pirate's Cove. There's also some great dinner shows to. Defintely speak with the concierge when you check into your hotel/timeshare.

I agree with Winter Park, if you aren't doing anything on a Saturday go check out their Farmer's Market there, and get the kettle corn! It's a really great area any time of the week. Go down Park Ave. there's a bunch of shops and restaurants, plus some really nice parks in the middle of the street. There are some museums there and some really pretty parks too.

If you can afford to, hit up the outlets. There are two major shopping outlets in the area, The Prime Outlets and Premium Outlets.

You could do an airboat tour, they aren't too expensive, and they're really interesting.

If you want to enjoy the beach, then I'd reccomend heading out towards the Tampa area, the beaches on the Gulf side are a lot nicer and prettier than the Atlantic side, in Central Florida.

Check out the Sentinel's website for a list of events going on as well:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/events/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards