Oklahoma

I don't recommend Alfred Angelo in OKC

Just wanted to share my experience with the Alfred Angelo store in Oklahoma City. I've been to the store twice and spoken on the phone with them many times. In almost all cases the associates were not very knowledgeable and had a hard time using the computer system to pull up information. When I was ordering bridesmaid dresses the associate put my information in for one of the girls so her dress almost got shipped to me here in OK and she lives in TX. Then when there was a very obvious error with one of the dress sizes once we received it, they wanted me to pay them more money for extra fabric to fix the dress. I'm afraid that places like this can get away with poor customer service since many of their customers will only be visiting once. Please consider this before using Alfred Angelo. I definitely wish I had used David's....

Re: I don't recommend Alfred Angelo in OKC

• edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience there.

I had an excellent experience there, personally.  They knew I was just trying on, not buying, and they were still just wonderful and helpful the day I went.  I tried on a TON of different dresses and styles and the woman helping me was really nice.  And this was a Saturday, so it's not like they weren't busy.  David's Bridal on the other hand... it was awful!
  • Argo-MccoyArgo-Mccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had mixed experiences there. I went there twice to try on dresses before deciding on a final one to buy and the lady helping me was very knowledgable, friendly and helpful. I went once with a BM for her to try on dresses and it was a terrible time. We had an appointment but couldn't get helped until 30 minutes after our appointment started. They were busy but not that busy, plus we had an appointment. After we had picked out a few for her to start trying on, and they didn't have many in her size, we were just left and never asked if we wanted to try any other styles. No one came to talk to us about prices, ordering times or just to see if everything was going okay. I had to wait at the counter for about 10-15 minutes after she was done trying on dresses for someone to help me so I could ask about time frames for ordering BM dresses. Then we found out the style we liked wasn't available in the color I wanted and I had told the associate the color the dresses would be before we ever started picking out style to try on. So, they were good for a wedding dress but not helpful in finding a BM dress.
  • lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Every time I have been there I have had nothing but great experiences. Sorry yours was bad.

• leighadeneeleighadenee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now I am nervous! I have an appointment there tomorrow morning. I hope it goes well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NightCatNightCat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went there and it was not good at all. It was hot and they were not nice to me or my mom at all. But everyone is different.

• edited December 2011
    You have to be really careful there with sizes. I found a beautiful gown there. However they could not tell me the size of the dress that was on me. Which fit PERFECT. So they assumed and told me to order an 8. They made me sign something for the sizing. When I got the dress it was WAY too big and now I will have to pay half the price of the dress in alterations. I was going to have them send me a 6 because that was obviously the size. Even though they had the 8 in stock and received it within 3 weeks they would not swap it since I had signed the agreement.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been there twice as well.... I know that it can be confusing because the consultants that helped me the first time seemed good until their friends from across the street came in and they all sat around chatting more than helping me. I was the only customer there so it was like break time while I was trying on dresses. My BM was more of a help than they were. The second time I went in, waited over an hour after my appointment time began and not one person helped at all, instead they greeted and helped every WALK IN that came through the door.

I will say this, the manager at that store seemed very genuwine when apologizing about the lack of service, due to it being a busy night. She offered to help me personally and I am looking forward to going back and working with her and hopefully finding a dress.

Another side, David's Bridal isn't any better. I went 3 times and it wasn't until the last try that we found a very helpful consultant (who's name I would gladly share with anyone interested). The first two times I was told what kind of dress I wanted by the consultant and also told that "my enhancements wouldn't fit right in any of their dresses and look good" I can't help that I am a naturally curvy woman. And you can't help the attitude or nature of the person helping you either. Sorry to ramble on. Good luck on finding a dress ladies! I am excited for my search as well!
  • lknightenlknighten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg. I would never use Alfred Angelo or David's. No offense. Im sure they aren't bad alllll the time but it's your WEDDING. I have heard so many bad things about their service and everything. Don't bother. I used Bridal Showroom. They have beautiful dresses, fabrics, for the same price. The building they use it's the most alluring but don't be fooled---they produce high quality stuff and its the best kept secret in bridals!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually agree with lknighten.  I am having my dress made by Moe at Bridal Showroom.  He's also making my brideamaids gowns. 

I did, however, have a nice experience at Alfred Angelo.  I just knew that I wasn't going to get my dress there, because I want sleeves and so I knew I'd have to have it made. But they were so nice and helpful and i had a great time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards