Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Recommend a great Florida hotel/resort

Hi!
We're having a small destination wedding in Fort Myers Beach, FL and are going on a short honeymoon somewhere in Florida immediately following...but not in Fort Myers Beach.

Please recommend a wonderful, fabulous, romantic, beachfront hotel or resort for a relaxing, short honeymoon. Ideal locales are Naples, Captiva Island or Miami...but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Re: Recommend a great Florida hotel/resort

• Options
    I don't have any specific ideas, I'm in the Tampa Bay area, but you can look on tripadvisor.com  I've found some great places to stay/things to do from other people's recommendations.
  • Options

There's the Ritz Carlton or Amelia Island Plantation, both on Amelia Island, it's like a sleepy St. Augustine.

• Options
    SouthSeas Island Resort on Captiva! And do the dolphin cruise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry for the late post but I live in this area. I would highly recommend South Seas Plantation on Captiva. Other good honeymoon options include Tween Waters  on Captiva or Casa Ybel on Sanibel. In Naples the Ritz is great. I looooove Sanibel/Captiva Islands and they are perfect for a honeymoon. It's only a short drive from Fort Myers beach to the island. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Palm Beach or Broward counties have tons of great places on the water, many of them with lower prices than ones in miami.  lots of stuff to do in places like west palm or ft. lauderdale, but also calm enough to relax
  • Options
    we are probably honeymmonin in fl too. people have recomneded destin.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    destin is great, but FAR from ft. myers.  im quite biased against south florida since i grew up there and absolutely hate it!

check out boca grande is known for not having any chain hotels. its very quiet and mostly a snowbird town with amazing fishing!  the gasparilla inn is probably the nicest place to stay, but definitely not inexpensive!  there are also condos available from the boca grande club (we looked into doing our wedding there).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards