DC
Options

Things to do in DC website section?

Does anyone have this? Do you mind if I "borrow" the language from it? :-)

I know I've seen it in someone's and asked if they didn't mind me borrowing the text, and now I can't remember who it was?

TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Things to do in DC website section?

• Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a things to do section if you want to check it out in my bio under attractions
  • Options
    SwizzleStiXSwizzleStiX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks!

I'm pretty positive it was you all along, it's perfect - thank you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is what we put:

The options for things to do in Washington D.C. are endless!  

Here are just a few recommendations:

Monuments by Moonlight:  http://www.trustedtours.com/store/Monuments-by-Moonlight-C211.aspx  This is a must even if you just drive by them in your own vehicle!

Segway Tours:  A quick way to see all the sites in one day are the segway tours.  There are numerous companies that offer various tours around the city.

White House:  Public tours of the White House are available. Requests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress and are accepted up to six months in advance. These self-guided tours are available from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Fridays, and 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturdays (excluding federal holidays). 

Washington Monument:  Tours are free and tickets are on a first-come first-serve basis.  For a $2 fee, tickets can be reserved the day before online.  www.nps.gov

Capitol Building:  Tours are free, but tour passes are required.  Tour hours:  8:50 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday – Saturday.  Advance Passes:  Tours may be booked in advance online at www.visitthecapitol.gov, through the office of your Senators or Representative, or through the Office of Visitor Services by calling (202) 226-8000.  Same-Day Passes:  A limited number of passes are available each day at the tour kiosks on the East and West Fronts of the Capitol or at the Information Desks in Emancipation Hall on the lower level of the Visitor Center.

Smithsonian Museums:  The Smithsonian Museums are open to the public.  For those with limited time, we highly recommend targeting must-see exhibits in each museum only.  The Holocaust museum does limit the number of people and passes can be bought in advance for a small fee, online.  

Arlington Cemetery:  Great place to visit on a nice day!  

Specialized tours:  There are numerous specialized tours - Haunted Georgetown (including the exorcism stairs), gargoyles of the National Cathedral, Lincoln Assassination Walking Tour, etc., etc.  

Getting around DC:  The Metro is easily accessible and convenient for most tourist locations.  Parking can range from free on the street to $20 in a garage.  Please read signs carefully, parking is enforced.  

Please contact us with more specific questions about touring D.C.!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just made ours and in addition to a list of some of our favorite things to see.. we found this website and posted it as well.

http://washington.org/visiting/browse-dc/attractions/100-free-things-to-do
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards