Florida-West Coast
Options

Photographer closed doors.......

Hello Ladies, I saw this story on TBO this morning and thought of these boards…I got married almost 2 years ago and had a similar fiasco happen. Alexis photography has closed doors leaving tons of people without books, and upcoming weddings. A similar event happen with us and our flower lady, she was a reputable florist in the area, in business for 20yrs, and I actually got her name from past knotties. She turned MIA for a good 6 months,  standing up weddings. When I booked her she was encouraged people to “pay in full” and everyone that did received a 20% discount. Which is enticing when you’re a bride… I did because I knew I could use that $500 someplace else in my wedding, it was a home run. Turns out she had offered others this discount prior to her disappearance. A bunch of knotties band together and we all contacted 8 on your side and they investigated. It turns out she was in the terminal stages cancer (unbeknown to us) and my guess was that she was trying to float money. She passed away a week before my wedding. I ended up getting my money back from the credit card company because services were never rendered. Others were not so lucky. For me it ended ok, my Stacey DOC from Unique event design “phone a friend” and Stephanie from Fishhawk SAVED me…. and I ended up better off, my flowers were beautiful. Moral of the story: never, never, ever, pay in full.  

Good luck to you all =)

Here’s the story:  http://tinyurl.com/3yghywd

Re: Photographer closed doors.......

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I'm so glad you posted this.  I was going to post this yesterday, but couldn't find the article.  This company was on the news a few months ago for the same thing and apparently it's happened to lots of people.  This is such a sad situation for so many couples.  You never think something like this can happen to you, but IT CAN!

Never, NEVER pay any vendor in full no matter how sweet the deal is.  Also, make sure to check BBB if you have any reservations about booking with them.  Alexis Photography has many complaints against them with the BBB. 

This is one of the most important days of your life and you want to make sure you are hiring reputable, honest companies that have proven to have integrity and professionalism in the community.  <end lecture />
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    another thing to add... BBB won't always have reviews and such.  Look on places like weddingwire.com, weddingbee.com, marthastewart.com too- all of which have reviews from past clients. 

it's so awful that this happened to people. 
  • Options
    CJTeacupCJTeacup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's terrible, also BBB is nothing but a bunch of crooks and their raitings mean nothing. The moral of the story, research your vendors and $11,000.00 for a wedding photographer? Really? What was it, a celebrity wedding? That price alone makes me sick for some no-name photographer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards