South Asian Weddings

honeymoon!!!

i just had to share my giddiness because we just booked our honeymoon to Hawaii!!!!!! I'm so excited - we're staying at the Grand Hyatt Kauai (http://kauai.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?null) and I've just always wanted to go there, so this is just so perfect! Ahhhh! :)

Where did you all go (or are going) for your honeymoon??

Re: honeymoon!!!

• MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey merene36

Congrats on booking your HM!!!

We went to Sandal's in Mobay Jamaica...it was awesome...We loved it and want to go back hehee
  • edited December 2011

CONGRATS MERENE36!

I just saw the hotel; very nice!

• kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! It's an awesome location!

We went on a Royal Caribbean Cruise for a week, in the Caribbean, and are going back again in December as an early 2 year anniversary thing, because we won't be able to get time off at the same time for the anniversary next year...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Ohh that hotel looks so gorgeous! You're going to have a fantastic honeymoon!

We're going to be heaing off to Costa Rica eventually, but not immediately after the wedding. I can't wait!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I want to go to Kauai... I'll have to go with someone else one day; FI isn't interested. He'd rather go to Oahu or Maui.

I don't know where we are going yet. FI has been thinkin' about it:

Sydney, Australia & Auckland, New Zealand

or

Santiago, Chile (or Lima, Peru) & Easter Island (& Maccu Pichu, if we go to Lima)

I'm very shocked about the South American ideas. FI has always been opposed to traveling to the developing world. He says going to my friend's wedding in Cancun wasn't so bad... tourist areas were acceptable and he was generally successful in communicating in Spanish. 

I'd like to go to the Maldives. I'm also interested in an Antarctic cruise (which I've been told no).

My mom suggested India. Can't really go to India though. We'd be expected to visit everyone who is there who don't come to the US for the wedding.

So we'll see.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I know this is exciting.
    We just booked ours for The Sandals resort in St. Lucia. FI just told me he extended our honeymoon from 7 days to 10 days!
    How long are you going for? Hawaii will be amazing!
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:6b7faa42-c557-4590-b045-0b8b95363e46Post:77c79755-fed2-4cbe-af2f-8962a640ed34">Re: honeymoon!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'd like to go to the Maldives.
    Posted by AquarianDragon[/QUOTE]

I heard it's the new IT honeymoon destination :)
  • edited December 2011
    we're only going for a week bc we both have to head back to work, but even a week in hawaii sounds amazing!! i'd LOVE to extend it to 10 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards