Pennsylvania-Central

Ceremony Locations...Please Help!!

I am having my wedding next september and i am trying to find a place local (harrisburg area, East or West Shore) for an outdoor wedding. I am looking for a place just for the ceremony. I already have a place for the reception lined up. I have tried several locations such as Fort Hunter and a few others, but am unsuccessful. I am working off of a tight budget due to my fiance and I paying for most of the wedding ourselves. Any suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You!

Re: Ceremony Locations...Please Help!!

• andiandadam11andiandadam11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Italian Lake (3rd and Divison Sts in Harrisburg City) is beautiful and I'm pretty sure you can use the parking at the old William Penn High School.  I think it's $125 if you don't live inside the city limits to get the permit, less if you live in the city.  A friend of mine got married there last year and it was beautiful.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Italian Lake is beautiful... Andi where were you when I was looking for a ceremony location lol.  We ended up booking the Heckton Church at Fort Hunter.  They aren't too expensive compared to some places that i have seen.  Sorry I am not much help.  Good luck!
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • EmmaT683EmmaT683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Italian Lakes are really nice, try the Sunken Gardens as well. It's right along river and has a gazebo. It's the same deal as the Italian Lakes I believe. We are using the west lawn at Fort Hunter. Goodluck!
  • DolphinsGirl1DolphinsGirl1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I tried fort hunter, and there is a Jazz Festival that day so that is out of the question. I will check into Italian Lake. Thanks!! :)
  • aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Peter Allen House is an outdoor venue, but I'm not sure of the cost.  I didn't go look at it because I want an indoor wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards