South Asian Weddings

OL Wednesday

Dear Knotties,
Do you think we got invaded by vendors or the new knotties are post happy?? What the crap happened yesterday?
- curious knottie

Re: OL Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    Dear DFW,

I will give the new posters the benefit if the doubt and say that they are post happy. Although I do wish that they would ease up on the multiple punctuation and drawn out lettersssssssssss. That makes me want to help you less.

Or maybe I am too old for this type of stuff???????

- Confused and Not Amused
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Priya310Priya310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear coworker,

I understand you do not care about my wedding- that is why I do not talk to you about it.  But when others ask me how the planning is going- STOP interrupting.  They aren’t speaking to you- they asked ME a question about my life.  Stop mentioning your sister’s wedding- no one asked you!  And stop saying I am wasting money- it’s none of your business.  I don’t care if you eloped; this is my wedding and I will do what I want!

-- Annoyed bride
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Dear DFW,

I actually thought I accidentally opened a wrong link this morning!  And most of the posts seem to be in some sort of indecipherable code, so I don't know what they want help with.

Dear Raangoli,

My 36-year-old SIL writes like that, so you're not old, just literate.

- also confused
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear DFW,
    Also confuzzled with the randomized posts... Spelling is your friend.

Dear Annoyed Bride aka Priya.
    They want attention, and don't know how to react to your happy news... hopefully some awkward looks and stares from your co-workers will mend your annoying co-worker's ways...

Dear Airliner,
    Please make sure that the special meal aka "HINDU" is really indian food, and not what you think it is.
    hmmmkay thx

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Wedding,

Ohmygod you are too soon.

Dear Miami Heat,

Please don't repeat Sunday's performance tonight, I cannot take it.

Dear DFW,

Also so confused.  OMG.

@kpwedkk: Airline meals kill me.  I always order vegetarian and one time I got a black-eyed-pea curry in the morning.  Curries are super-yummy, but I don't see why I didn't get pancakes like everyone else (hint, pancakes are veg).   Also, I've noticed that everyone else gets a perfectly vegetarian brownie as dessert, and I get some whole grain cookie or three grapes.  Veg does not mean healthy, people.

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    andamu,
    I KNOW!  I'm torn by going vegan, or just sticking it out with hindu...  and letting my friend to the other portions of the meal :-S   That's it, I'm calling up the airline now and figuring this out.

KP

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Dear andamu & kpwedkk,

About the pancakes and brownies as a veg option.... If it has egg, then generally Indians would view that as non-veg. I can understand why you wouldn't get the pancakes or brownies.

FI's dad stopped picking Hindu as his meal because he ended up with some sort chicken or lamb.

Apparently, Asian Vegetarian is the way to go to get Indian food... I don't understand why Indian food wouldn't be found in the Hindu option, but whatever. FI has selected Asian Vegetarian for our honeymoon flight. I guess we'll see what we get.

-FI & me are going to eat cake, with egg, at our reception anyway!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards