September 2013 Weddings
Options

Replica Dress from Dressilyme?

I am IN LOVE with Decadence by Maggie Sottero. I went to the bridal shop and tried it on and its the one. But there is no way I can spent $1600 on a dress. I found a replica for about $250 with custom measurements on Dressilyme.com.

I have been through review board after review board. Heck, project wedding has an ENTIRE board dedicated to dresses from this company. After seeing pictures on Dressilyme's Facebook of a replica of Ambrosia by Maggie Sottero (extremely similar to Decadence) I definitely think Im going to go ahead and order.

Anyone else thinking about going this route?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Replica Dress from Dressilyme?

• Options
    Sound like a plan. I'm not into the designer name for my dress. I personally dont see why it matters , as long as its what you want. No one else really knows you paid an arm and leg for a designer dress !
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    It seems to have gotten some really great reviews from alot of people on Wedding Beee and other sites.  and for only around 300?  pretty crazy!
    Let us know how it works out! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, I have seen all sorts of good reviews from them. Good luck! Let us know what you decide and how it turns out!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

I am planning on ordering by October so if it turns out horrible I still have time to comeup with another

I will definitely let everyone know how it turns out and post pics Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did designer on wedding number one and now I have a box of $1600.00 worth of dress in a storage unit! If you can find what you want in the price range you want who cares what the tag on the inside says! As long as you feel like a million bucks that is all that matters!

• Options
    Sorry, I just think it's poor taste to purchase a replica. It's like pirating music or movies - the designer's ideas are being stolen, and they are not getting compensated for it. I understand that you can only pay what's in your budget, but there are other ways to do this. Have you considered looking for a used Maggie? My girlfriend just bought a used dress that was $1400 orginially for $100. There are some minor repairs to be made, but she got the dress she wanted. Or maybe you could go to David's and find a similar style that is within your budget that's not an exact replica.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_replica-dress-from-dressilyme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:6cf638a0-59f3-422c-960e-b1b91d951150Post:367acf5e-f24b-46be-9e95-01ed820effc6">Re: Replica Dress from Dressilyme?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, I just think it's poor taste to purchase a replica. It's like pirating music or movies - the designer's ideas are being stolen, and they are not getting compensated for it. I understand that you can only pay what's in your budget, but there are other ways to do this. Have you considered looking for a used Maggie? My girlfriend just bought a used dress that was $1400 orginially for $100. There are some minor repairs to be made, but she got the dress she wanted. Or maybe you could go to David's and find a similar style that is within your budget that's not an exact replica.
    Posted by Ophelia0326[/QUOTE]

I've considered doing this also for allure bridal 8965 but I'm too scared to waste 400$ and not ave EXACTLY what I want
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Did you get your dress?! I'm really interested in doing the same thing and would love to see the end result of the Decadence
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards