Military Brides
Options

New to the military brides board! :)

I just got engaged to my sailor in January and just recently found this board. Don't know where I've been! We're getting married in December of this year in California. If there are any military brides near NPS say hi! I'm pretty close and looking for some military fiance/girlfriend friends. My sailor is across the country so I guess I'm getting my first taste of being a military spouse handling the engagement alone. I come on this board all the time so I thought I'd introduce myself :)

(If any of this violates OPSEC lemme know and I'll edit)

Re: New to the military brides board! :)

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't live up there now, but I used to live in Marin (just north of SF), which is north of you of course.

Welcome to the board and congrats!

(Also, just fyi, OPSEC is related to operational security, PERSEC is personal security, so if your post violated anything (which I don't think it did at all), it would have been PERSEC. Not trying to be sanctimonious, but it's just something to file in your knowledge bank.)
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm new here too :) I'm nowhere near California, but congrats!

I figure it's better to be overly worried about OPSEC than the other way around ;) As WishIcould explained, OPSEC is about deployment-type details, including dates.

I have less of a clue about what would constitute a PERSEC violation, but from what I understand it's the kind of details that would let someone find you/your spouse if they wanted to. So if you posted your social security number, that would obviously count. Or things like specific contact information, or the street you live on plus the color of your house and the type of dog you have, that would be not so good. But my understanding is sharing what base you're at is fine, and your post didn't have any more specific details than that!
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    PERSEC would also include not posting your first and last name.

Details like where you live are at your discretion. I think saying you live in an area is probably not that big a deal and is at your discretion. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged to my navy bf A few weeks ago and he too is overseas. I have been lurking for a little bit. not sure of when i should actually start talking lol.

I'm going to be moving to cali after we get marriedd in Oct. 2012
    August Bride Pictures, Images and Photos Navy Bride Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arizonateaarizonatea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *sigh* Just more acronyms to learn! haha thanks!
  • Options
    JynxeyJynxey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi arizonatea, my fiance is at NPS too! Unfortunately I don't live out there with him full time- I'm currently in Baltimore, finishing up senior year of college. I'll move out for good once I graduate in May. I love Monterey though, and can't wait to live there year round! I'm also planning on my own, and our wedding is actually in MA where we are both from. So I'm flying back and forth home to meet w vendors and make plans, and then out to CA as often as I can to visit fiance. (I fly out on Friday for spring break yayyy!!!)

Where in CA are you getting married? Love the weather out there!
    Nimi and Little Bite Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards