Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

First draft of my vows...plus I need a little help

Okay here is the first draft of my vows:

Jordan, today I stand before you full of excitement, happiness, and love.  All of this comes from the fact that today I stand here ready to marrying not only my best friend, but my soul mate and my other half.  You are the person that I have always pictured spending the rest of my life with and could not be more excited for this day and what the future holds for us.  You always support me, make me laugh, comfort me, cherish me, and so much more.  From this day forward I promise to be your faithful partner.  I promise to support you, honor and respect you, share in your joys and your sorrows, and to never give up.  Until death do us part I promise all of this to you. 

Now for the part that I need a little help with.  My FI has always been a huge Rocky fan (in fact our first date was watching Rocky 1 as I had never seen any of the movies).  Anyway, I wanted to find a quote from the movies that I could use in my vows since we are writing our own....this is the quote that I would like to incorporate but don't know where to put it: "She's got gaps and I got gaps, and between the two of us, our gaps meet and we sort of fill each other in."  Any suggestions as to how to put this in would be great!

Anniversary

Re: First draft of my vows...plus I need a little help

• The vows are good.  Could your officiant somehow squeeze in the Rocky quote when describing you two as a couple?  I think if you said it .. it would be terribly cheesy and uncomfortable.
  • Oh Perhaps her FI could say it? (the rocky quote)
  • I think the quote would be really cute written on a sign somewhere during the reception rather than the vows.
  • mia888mia888 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_first-draft-of-my-vowsplus-i-need-a-little-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:24Discussion:933a6183-45d1-4aa0-a1a7-27770651928ePost:10cc13fc-c055-41a5-89d5-afc36aa7b895">Re: First draft of my vows...plus I need a little help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the quote would be really cute written on a sign somewhere during the reception rather than the vows.
    Posted by mikkiwin8[/QUOTE]

<div>agree.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards