Retro and Vintage Weddings

Hair & Make Up Trial Pics (PIB and PIP)

So, my choice on the veil and accessories...

More pics in bio.

What do you guys think?
Expecting Two Little Knuckleheads in June! BabyName TickerBabyName Ticker

Re: Hair & Make Up Trial Pics (PIB and PIP)

• Here is my most honest opinion--your eyeshadow looks too white or strong for daytime (your lips are so lovely and soft coloured, that they don't match as well).

In the other picture you had in your bio where you had brighter pink lips, the eyeshadow matched much better--though I think maybe the lipstick was too pink.  You look beautiful with natural makeup during the day, but darker stronger makeup for evening.

summarywith his picture: 
    daytime--tone down the eyeshadow for the day, but the lips are perfect
    nightime--eyeshadow is perfect, but use more colour on your lips

I hope this helps!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • i kinda agree. i do make up & i don't think the eyes are too much but i don't really think that's the right lip color. it's too pink. i think it should be more on the tan/brown side.. especially if that's the jewelry you're wearing? i think it would look better if your skin was a little more bright & shimmery.. & maybe you could do your eyes a little more dramatically in browns with some gold & white or amber color & a more nude/beige lip with a creamier gloss. 

• Makeup: As someone who usually likes more understated makeup, I think the eye and lip color are a bit harsh.  When I looked at the pictures in your bio, at least in the lighting of the salon, the colors did not look flattering for your skin tone.    

Also, I know "they" (magazines and whatnot) usually say that if you are going to do a dramatic eye, you should tone down the lips, and vice versa.  Maybe pick one feature to emphasize, and choose more neutral shades for the rest?  

I really like the hair though, and I think the veil is absolutely lovely.  Personally, I would love to see you in makeup that emphasizes your beautiful features, and I think that this look kind of detracts from them.  

• edited January 2010
    Thanks for the honest advice ladties.  I see what you mean with regards to the eye shadow, she did not do it as dramatically before...We may possibly tone it down to darker purple shades. 

As for the lip color, I thought it looked fine, its a little pink because this was after the red lipstick (which we decided was a NO) so the color is skewed b/c I could not get all of the red lipstick off.  Basically, she just put clear/nude lip gloss on to make them shiny, but the day of the wedding we more than lilkly will use a shade that has some gold tones to it.
  • oh & those are nice accessories btw! i realized i never said that lol yes red lipstick can be hard to remove. & i also think fake lashes would look really nice & add alot without being too much. just a little ''pop''
  • Yeah, we used false lashes...I am however, thinking about getting eyelash extensions instead (if I can find the $$ for them)
  • Ah...red lipstick can be such a pain to get off.  I think that the eyeshadow with a more bronze/nude lip would be really pretty!  
  • lovely veil. def try different shades for the eyes, the colors in the pic are too white...i would try golds or purples.
    hair looks great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards