Delaware

Gifts for Ring bearers ages 4 & 8

Looking for gifts for our ring bearers ages 4 & 8. Also instead of flowers on their tux jackets we thought of a pin or button, however, not sure where to look for them.

Any suggestions??

Thanks bunches,
Mel C

Re: Gifts for Ring bearers ages 4 & 8

• edited December 2011
    For the button, I would check Etsy.  If you can't find something exactly like you want, you can put out an alchemy.

Remember with kids, you don't have to spend a ton to make them happy.

/>>Do they have a favorite toy/game right now?  Lego Bionicles are a good choice for either, or one of the Lego games that are in a small container.  What about things like army men, Mr. Potato Head, the classics?  Or Transformers (they don't have to have seen the movies to love them at that age).  Things where they can play with something during the wedding so their parents can relax a bit are great.

/>>If you aren't providing a kid's table or something for them to do all night,
    what about the new Crayola products?  The ColorWonder products are great, esp the ones that color only on special paper; you could make each a totebag (from ACMoore) and they could go off to a corner and play. 

/>>Do they have a favorite character?  Toys R Us or even Walmart or Kmart will have character related toys.  And the Disney store is never a bad choice. 

/>>If the older one (or the younger one) is into gameboy DS, you could find out if there is a game they would like from their parents, or a character in a game, and get it for them.  GameStop has gameboy DS games that are used, which cuts down on the cost.

/>>Finally, books are never a bad choice, and parents will be happy with that one as well (the classics are great; check with the parents to see which ones they don't have; if you need help with titles, I would be glad to help with that, I a book fiend!); check out Burlington Coat Factory of all places for a decent book selection that are on discount.  If the older one (or the younger one) is into gameboy DS, you could find out if there is a game they would like from their parents, or a character in a game, and get it for them.  GameStop has gameboy DS games that are used, which cuts down on the cost.

My ringbearer is 7.  He is autistic, but there are some things every little boy loves.
    He loves Thomas the train; I found MegaBloks Thomas the Train (kind of lilke Lego, but for younger kids with smaller hands; they are larger, and easier to pull apart); they had 3 characters (James and Percy came by themselves, and Thomas came in a set with other scene parts), so I got them for him, totalling $20.  I went with those not only because he loves Thomas, but playing with the blocks will be good for his fine motor skills.

I also got RB and FG straw thru a top character cups from the Disney Store (he also adores the movie Cars).  They were on sale, and while shopping for my FG (who is a princess LOL), I got the idea to get them each one instead of them drinking out of a regular cup at the reception and potentially spilling something on their clothes.  This way, they have fun with it (each cup has a character on it, and in the bottom of it that spins), they can show people they are in the WP by using them, and they don't get juice or soda on thier clothes.  I was more worried about him, not because he doesn't know how to drink out of a regular cup, but b/c his tux is rented, and I didn't want his mom or me to be paying extra fees for massive stains if something accidently happened.

To tie it all together, the Disney Store sells the reusable shopping bags with characters on them for $2.50.  I got the Cars one for him, and will put all his gifts in that instead of wrapping them; that way his mom can use it the day of, and he knows it's his bag, and after the wedding it won't be neglected to the basement, but is sure to get used (everyone nowadays uses them for shopping, and his mom is big on helping the environment).

Anyway, I hope this has helped a litle bit!  If you need more ideas, just holler!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards