South Asian Weddings
Options

*kpwedkk- again*

I took your advice and made a garland myself.  I took it with me when DF arrived in the USA after getting his visa.  It turned out really great.  I really like the look of the ones you used for your wedding.  How many flowers approximately did you use for each one? I'm planning to make garlands for our wedding next Friday(!!!!!). :)

Re: *kpwedkk- again*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hijack the thread - but AHHH! You're getting married next week! So excited for you! YAY!!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!!!! We literally just set the date today! OMG! I'm so excited!!!  
    These visas are so difficult.  They give you only 90 days to be married and file adjustment of status.  There is no time to plan a traditional wedding in less than 90 days- so we're going to have a special private ceremony at a gorgeous outdoor location in my area.  Off-beat and fun- just like us. 
    Luckily I have friends in the wedding business and who "know people" so they were able to help me out and get everything together.  I literally planned a wedding in 2 days! lol!!
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Wow....2 days!!!  I am sure it will be beautiful...Can't wait to see pics!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love the link to the Parisian elopement. I would love to do something like that, perhaps in another life time :)

Congrats on your wedding in a week! I can't wait to hear all about it!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI MrsKhan :)  We used approximately 5 carnations per short sections, and 10 per longer sections.  Open out the carnations so that the edges start to ruffle out.

We did 4 colors - White, Burgundy, and two kinds of pink.

White = 3 long sections == 30 carnations
    Burgundy = 3 short sections == 15 carnations
    Light Pink = 4 short sections == 20 carnations
    Dark Pink = 2 super short (2) + 1 short == 7 carnations

These were bought at the local grocery store as well, 72 flowers which is approximately 2 bunches of white, 1 bunch of burgundy, 1 bunch of light pink, and 1/2 bunch of dark pink.

And then making two, so double everything...  Costco and Sam's club have great deals on carnations as well...

Here's a link to our pictures... I can't seem to post pictures anymore... booo tk!

ETA: My paint brush style of the sections of color on the garland - link

ETA2: A link to the picture that has my cousin holding our garlands..

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_kpwedkk-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:4af24e6d-0312-451d-99f5-7c678e908f45Post:47dbdf13-9fb2-4d6f-a9e4-b167620c6c9d">Re: *kpwedkk- again*</a>:
    [QUOTE]HI MrsKhan :)  We used approximately 5 carnations per short sections, and 10 per longer sections.  Open out the carnations so that the edges start to ruffle out. We did 4 colors - White, Burgundy, and two kinds of pink. White = 3 long sections == 30 carnations Burgundy = 3 short sections == 15 carnations Light Pink = 4 short sections == 20 carnations Dark Pink = 2 super short (2) + 1 short == 7 carnations These were bought at the local grocery store as well, 72 flowers which is approximately 2 bunches of white, 1 bunch of burgundy, 1 bunch of light pink, and 1/2 bunch of dark pink. And then making two, so double everything...  Costco and Sam's club have great deals on carnations as well... Here's a link to our pictures... I can't seem to post pictures anymore... booo tk! ETA: My paint brush style of the sections of color on the garland - link ETA2: A link to the picture that has my cousin holding our garlands..
    Posted by kpwedkk[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you! You are awesome! :)

</div>
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_kpwedkk-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:4af24e6d-0312-451d-99f5-7c678e908f45Post:9e6e99da-578a-4ac1-9d66-346d5a822b02">Re: *kpwedkk- again*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *kpwedkk- again* : Thank you! You are awesome! :)
    Posted by mrs.khan[/QUOTE]

I like to help :) So any time :)

Also, I sent you a private message =)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_kpwedkk-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:4af24e6d-0312-451d-99f5-7c678e908f45Post:1e462c7e-41bf-4903-bcc1-4f13b2f628cc">Re: *kpwedkk- again*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *kpwedkk- again* : I like to help :) So any time :) Also, I sent you a private message =)
    Posted by kpwedkk[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you. I was just going to post another question here to you.....</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards