Florida-West Coast
Options

Bow tie or long tie

Are your men wearing bow ties or long ties? How did you decide or why?

Re: Bow tie or long tie

• Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI wouldn't wear a bowtie under any circumstances. Case closed.
  • Options
    drtarajpdrtarajp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    long... more sleek and sexy IMO
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

long, because he wouldn't even know where to begin on how to do a bowtie, but i think there is something so gentleman-ly and southern about bowties that is so appealing....especially with lighter colored suits.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sara76sara76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H wears a long tie to work every day so he went with a bow tie to switch it up.My vote was long tie but I didn't mind either way, so since he was the one to wear it, he got to pick it.  Funny, I think we've both changed our minds since.  I think he would do the long tie if given the choice again, and I realized I'll probably never see him in a bow again so I'm glad he did pick it.  (plus he looked soo handsome)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    long tie just looks sleeker GQ its more modern .Bow is nice  to its classic.we went with long tie
  • Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing both. My FI is wearing a bowtie and the two other guys are wearing a regular black silk tie. My FI looked so handsome in the bowtie that my happiness let me pick it.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI isn't wearing a tie of any type - going tommy bahama/ linen route (beach casual)....I love the long thicker ties but there is something sexy, quirky and fun about a bow tie!

updated: 8/23 the wedding plan 60 in the mailimage 42 Bags are packedimage 18 Missing the funimage
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI wanted the long tie because he didn't want out guests to feel underdressed especially because we are having an evening wedding.
  • Options
    Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fi hasn't gone to get tux yet...that's in the works. I like the bowtie personally because when will you see him wear one again; but I'll leave it up to him. My dress is very formal and the bridesmaid dresses are long and conservative; so as long as he looks that part; then we're all good. May I ask you brides where your FI/Husband went to get the tux/suits? Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting bowties.  Our theme is very classic and glamorous.  I'm not a fan of vests, so we're pairing them with cumberbunds instead.  Ivory on ivory for groom and black on ivory for GM.

We went to Mens Wearhouse thinking they'd be able to try something on or at least see it all together in person as opposed to just on the website, but they didn't have anything for them to try on which was a big disappointment.  We would have chosen Saccinos but there are only in FL and we need a national place since we have 3 OOT GM's.  Any other suggestions for national tux places other than MW?
    Brooke + Chavis
    est. 10/10/10

Photobucket CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding several years ago and one of the guests had on a really nice, expensive bow tie.  One of the older ladies asked him to bring her something to drink because she thought he was one of the waiters. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh yeah Ive seen Dj in a bow tie too I think thats why we decided not to go with it. Plus my FI never really wears a tie or a vest and he looks so handsome in too:-) Grant Hemonds on thier web site they are all wearing bow ties. http://www.granthemond.com/ then again other Dj wear long tiehttp://www.deliteentertainment.com/index.php/djs-emcees/  so its your choice I think ours wears a bow tie.Either way everyone  looks sharp.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards