New Jersey
Options

Question about hair

What time are you or did you and your girls get your hair done? And what time was your ceremony. Our stylist wants to come at 7 for a 2pm ceremony I personally feel thats a little early :/ I was thinking more like 9. They said 7a-10a for 7 girls. So even if they started at 9 we would still be done by 12 hmmm not sure any advice on your timing would help thanks !!

Re: Question about hair

• Options

I think it will depend on the number of girls the stylist has to do.  My sister and I had to be ready by 3 (3:30 ceremon) so the hair/makeup stylist came in around 9am.  You'd be surprised at how long it actually takes, especially if your girl is a perfectionist.  Besides, you've probably done a trial with her but she hasn't had a trial with your other girls which will also take time since they'll be figuring out what to do.  Assuming you live 1/2hr away from the ceremony location it means you'll probably want to be ready between 1, particularly if you want the photographer to take pictures of you while you're getting ready.  I would leave it at 7am....you're stylist knows better.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Your stylist knows about how long it takes to do hair/makeup also how many girls do you have? 

We are going to the salon at 9 am for a 630 pm ceremony.  We have to be at our venue by 3 pm we are taking our pro shot pics before the ceremony.  Plus our venue is an hour away so this is our timeline.

Hair/makeup 9-1 for 8 girls including myself, mom & bridal party
    1-2 go home get everything together dress, overnight bag etc.
    2 get picked up by limo
    3 arrive at venue for pics
    3-5 pro pics
    5-6 hang out in bridal suite while guests start to arrive
    630 get married
    7-12 reception

Also people run late and unexpected things happen so I would want extra time just in case.  I would rather be done early than late.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We had six girls including myself getting our hair done.  Our ceremony was at 3:00 and the hair stylists arrived at 7:45 to get started.  Her time doesn't seem that off.  You're going to want that extra time in cause anything goes wrong or it takes longer than expected.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    It depends too how many girls can go at once. I had 5 and we went to the salon at 9, and we all went at the same time. We were able to take our time, have coffee and bagels, and not be rushed. Went back to the hotel and made it to the venue for 12:30. Makeup was one girl at a time and she figured an hour for me and 30 mins for the BMs. pictures started at 4. The timing Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    My stylist wants an hour for me and 30-45 minutes with each of the five bridesmaids. I am five minutes from the ceremony location, so we are starting at 6am and finishing at 9:30 for a 10am Mass. Makeup will do whoever is not getting hair done at the moment.
  • Options
    Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Our ceremony started at 3 and my hair stylist arrived at 9am. She and her assistant did 7 people. She was done around 12:30ish.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, now I feel like shes not giving her self enough time :/ We originally had an apt to get it done at the salon and someone I know from there said oh me and so & so can come to the house and do it that morning.... Its more expensive by $35 per person and I already feel like there rushing it one has to be back at the salon by 9 and the other by 12. I have my self, Moh, 6 bridesmaids, and 2 flower girls. Maybe ill just stick to going to the salon. 
  • Options
    I was also worried about timing...just met with my salon yesterday.  There are 11 of us getting hair done (me, MOB, MOG, 7 BM, and 1 flower girl) - they planned to have us start at 9am and there will be 3 stylists.  Everyone should be done by 12:30.  Photographer is coming at 1:30 and we are leaving for the church by 2:40 for a 3pm ceremony.

In terms of the order of appointments - are all of you planning on going first, in the middle, or at the end??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will be the last one to go as my photographer is coming to capture my hair being done at 10am i might add an hour and have him start at 9 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards