North Carolina

toes in the sand~ beach wedding

I really just want to get married barefoot on the beach. Very simple with close friends and family. BUT I have no idea as to where to start planning for this! Do I rent a hotel room or house and do it off the back somewhere? Any beach recomendations? Ideas?

Re: toes in the sand~ beach wedding

• I am having the same thoughts.  Today I stared calling some Realtors at Emerald Isle.  No one was in the office but hopefully they will call me back with some great ideas. 
  • My bff got married at the Hilton Garden Inn at Kitty Hawk.
    http://hiltongardeninnouterbanks.com/weddings-social-events/index.cfm

They have a span of beach that you can use for the ceremony and a beautiful pier house that you can use for the reception.
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • The Hilton Garden in is soooo pretty!  They also opened Jenette's Pier in May 2011 and it is a stunning venue right over the ocean.

There is a North Carolina--Outer Banks board if you need any ideas and inspiration for beach weddings, even if it's not necessarily in the OBX.

• Getting married in Ocean Isle Beach, NC (just south of Wilmington) on May 27th.  Not sure of the area you're looking for but there are two places in this area we looked at... The Isles Restaurant and The Winds.  Visit both websites!  Cheryl at The Isles (where we are having our ceremony and reception) and Mel at The Winds...super nice, experienced and helpful!  Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards