Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Foundation & Concelor for Oily Skin

Hi,

What is a good Foundation, Concelor and Powder for oily skin, and that will stay all day on the big day???

Thank you! 

Re: Foundation & Concelor for Oily Skin

• Options
    I too have the same problem of makeup not lasting all day because of oily skin. I keep hearing other brides choosing to use airbrush makeup for their wedding day. It supposedly looks flawless, is water and sweat-proof, and lasts all day. It is kind of on the expensive side though, but from what I hear it's worth it.
  • Options
    I would like to have my makeup airbrushed for my wedding, however, I'm having trouble finding it in my area. I went to Sephora and bought a tester size bottle of makeup stay spray (by Urban Decay) and wore it to a hot, sweaty baseball game the other day. My makeup stayed in place but I did get shiny (I have oily skin too). I'm trying products that eliminate oil and ones that control oil (can put on top of makeup).
    Anniversary
  • Options

Yea I have heard that airbrush makeup is good, but pricey. I have heard of two foundations, one makeup forever hd and lauder double wear foundation,but I haven't tried either one.

• Options
    I'm an oily girl as well and have tried just about everything from Urban Decay's De-slick, to Makeup Forevers HD Primer, to MAC's Matte, and a bunch of stuff in between, but I have found my holy grail product and it might sound weird, but I is Phillips Milk of Magnesia, and it works amazingly to keep makeup place and prevent oil and shine. For less than $5 a bottle I urge you to try it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You put milk of magnesia on your face?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker < br > Planning Bio
  • Options
    I like Mac Studio Fix--it's a powder and concealer in one.  I actually like how my face looks with that better than Temptu airbrush in photos, but maybe I just need to tweak my airbrush technique.  In person, I loved the Airbush...tough choice for the wedding!
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_foundation-concelor-oily-skin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:80ea83e1-f36c-4333-928b-55761c93b029Post:4ee6e6a6-256c-4461-8725-033a3274494e">Re: Foundation & Concelor for Oily Skin</a>:
    [QUOTE]You put milk of magnesia on your face?
    Posted by cdavislynn[/QUOTE]
     Yes, I do. And it works wonders for combating oil underneath your makeup and is also suppose to be really good for acne. I have not once broken out, or had any other weird side effects. you should read up on it if you aren't convinced or think its weird.<div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS379US395&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=milk+of+magnesia+on+the+face&safe=active">http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS379US395&aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=milk+of+magnesia+on+the+face&safe=active</a></div>
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing aghouston86! Very interesting stuff, I will have to try this :)
  • Options
    I will definitely have to try the milk stuff!!! I desperately need help with my oil.  Thanks a bunch!!

I love Bare Minerals and it has controlled my oil better than most, but I still get very oily by the end of the day. I will definitely SPLURGE and get airbrushed on the BIG day! I don't want to worry about that at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You might have to play around with the order in which you do things though. I'm still perfecting my routine with MOM, but so far so good. Some ladies like to mix it with a primer or moisturizer. I have tried applying it by itself without a moisturizer, after a moisturizer, and also after a primer, but I didn't really pay attention closely to what worked best. so I will start to do that so I can figure out my regime. But honestly I'm finding that If I use MOM I'm not having to touch up, or blot or anything pretty much the entire day, which for me is about 8am( time I apply makeup) until about 6-7pm which. 

If you ladies have any questions, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    I recently bought the Temptu Airbrush makeup system from Sephora and I LOVE IT!!!! I know it's a bit on the pricey side, but I used the wedding as an excuse to buy it. ;-) The makeup looks flawless and lasts all. day. long. I live in the south and normally get very shiny by lunch, but I don't have to touch up at all with this makeup on and I look just as good when I get home from work as I did when I left that morning.

If that is out of your price range, I would recommend Makeup Forever Mat Velvet foundation and their HD powder. I also have the MFE HD foundation, but I find that the Mat Velvet leaves a better finish on me and helps better with oily skin.

For concealer, I love MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. It lasts all day and covers great!

Good luck!
  • Options
    I have oily skin and I use avon  MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20. It is a gel powder with SPF even,  and keeps my skin in check all day. I have not had any breakouts in the year I have been wearing it. I wear it under my makeup as a primer. It helps my make up last longer. If you have oily skin try it!
  • Options
    I'm oily as well. Based on recommendations I went out and bought the Make Up forever HD foundation and I've loved it. I notice that I do get shiny with certain primers, but the one by Bare Minerals really controls the shine well.

I had an airbrush trial and was not impressed at all. It didn't feel like I had anything on, and it didn't look like it either. I had a couple of large-ish pimples last month so I still have some dark spots on my chin...you could see them right through the make up.
  • Options
    meep2meep2 member
    First Comment
    I used to like Clinique Balanced foundation, but both of us evolved and it didn't match my skin tone.

I'm currently using NARS, and I love it, although it's a little pricey. I use their Sheer Matte on the oily parts of my face, and during the winter I'll blend in their Balanced Foundation on the parts that are more prone to dryness.
  • Options
    My MUA used Temptu airbrush and I thought it made my skin look great.

I was a little oily ten hours later, but it was over 100 degrees and humid, we had an outdoor wedding, and I did a lot of dancing. 

It stayed better than anything else would have, IMO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Arbonne!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards