New York

Any DJ suggestions?

I will be having a September wedding near Cortland, NY, and I'm at a loss when it comes to DJs.  I'd like somebody that is reasonably priced, accommodates requests, does more than just stand there and play music (read: is a good MC), but isn't cheesy.  (Hopefully not too much to ask....we just hate it when DJs are running around with blow-up props trying to get everyone to do the chicken dance.)

Does anybody in the greater CNY area (Finger Lakes, Syracuse, Binghamton, etc.) have any recommendations?  Internet searches bring up more DJs than you can shake a stick at, but who knows what they're actually like?

Thanks!

Re: Any DJ suggestions?

• edited December 2011

I asked this question and the DJ service Black Tie Entertainment was given to me. I decided to use them for my August wedding. I met with them and they made me very comfortable, both with price and they do grant requests. Their info is
    http://www.btedj.com/

• edited December 2011
    I'm having a wedding in Utica, NY and using black tie entertainment. They just really seemed to grasp what we wanted in a dj. Like not just playing random music but playing music that fits the moment and time. Directing some of the reception events to go smoothly. Good luck!
  • lcoreylcorey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also try Kenny the Promo Guy. He actually has videos of what his weddings are like on his website.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Steve Turner with Turner Music Productions. He was an absolute hit!! Really made my reception great, and guests could not stop raving about him. I have had a couple of guests contact me after the wedding to get his information.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    were  using the music machine great price very professional!
    Sarah BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YES! We are using SINGER'S TO GO - Singer's is a bar in Syracuse and their prime time Friday DJ, Jason, hosts all the Singer's To Go events. He's got awesome personality. You can check him out on Friday nights at the bar (the show is more outrageous than he would bring to a wedding as it's a bar as opposed to a formal function) but you can really get a feel for his personality and the life he can bring to the party. Check out their facebook link below!

Just a heads up, I have heard form multiple people who booked Whirlin' Disc & Black Tie that the person they spoke with was really professional & they thought they were getting a great DJ/MC but the one that actually showed up had a hard time keeping the party going & didn't quite know what was supposed to be going on at what time.
    Photobucket BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Sound Control DJ out of Albany. They seem great, are friendly and fun!!! Great Prices!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards