Pennsylvania-Central

Bartender?

Our wedding venue doesn't have a liquor license so we need to provide the beer/alcohol. At this point, we think we are only having beer to make it easier and less expensive. The only problem is the venue will have nothing to do with it. They won't set it up, hand it out, or clean it up. I am looking for someone to do all of that. Especially the handing it out and making sure everything is refilled. Do you know where I could hire a "bartender" that won't break the bank? I don't want ourselves, family or friends to take on this responsibility.

The other thing is there are a few underage guest and to help with that I was thinking about giving each guest over 21 tickets. Is that too cheesy? 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Bartender?

• lil sunshinelil sunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married? I am hiring a bartender in the State College area that comes with liability insurance, which is important if your venue doesn't have a liquor license. He is decently priced.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are responsible for the liquor/beer, please do yourself a favor and purchase wedding insurance.  It is a couple hundred dollars, and in the event that someone drinks too much and drives off to do damage afterwards, could save your financial future.  
  • edited December 2011
    Liquor fountain, keg and a bottle of wine for each table (or a couple more) should cover it unless your family plans to drink themselves under the table.  You WANT to run out of alcohol the last hour to have them sober up before heading home.  No bar tender required this way.
  • WithGrace23WithGrace23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You actually don't need to purchase wedding insurance to protect from law suits of guests who drive off too intoxicated.

PA courts have consistently held that social hosts are not liable for damage to their guets, or caused by their guests in these situations. (with the exception of intoxicated minors who are under your supervision).

As to the question of bar tenders. I would suggest hiring from Capitol bar tending school. I hired a bar tender from there for an event (it was a wine and beer bar like you are having), and he was professional, brought his own glasses, and only charged about $20 an hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards