Virginia
Options

Northern Virginia Cake prices

Hi, I'm looking at cakes and I'm curious about how the bakers in the area compare in price, value, and taste. I've been to a few weddings and I haven't really liked how they taste. The cake part is dry, the filling is too sweet, and the fondant is chewy. My sister is a pastry arts student and I'd like to let her decorate the cake since she is not able to bake it (she doesn't have a professional kitchen) so I'm thinking of ordering a blank cake.

Q1: Where did you find the best tasting cake?

Q2: Do you think a baker would get really pushy with decorations and such if I asked for a plain cake?

Q3: About how much would a cake like the above cost for a reception of a maximum of 70 people?

Re: Northern Virginia Cake prices

• Options
    pinktimbspinktimbs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, stay away from The Icing Cakes in Stafford, Virginia. They did my wedding cake and it was a disaster.
    We're married, woo!
  • Options
    ameliacoletteameliacolette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cupcake Heaven in Haymarket, VA does great cakes! And OMG they are delicious. Check out their work on Facebook... search Cupcake Heaven Haymarket
  • Options
    dmichael47dmichael47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Darlene's Specialty Cakes in Manassas, VA.   She has received great reviews and her cakes are always moist, delicious and beautiful.  The prices are reasonable and sets up a payment plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards