Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Hair & Make Up Downtown???

Hello ladies....

I'm trying to figure out where to get my hair and make up done for the wedding day and also for my bridesmaids/mothers. We are getting married at the Magnolia and we also live downtown. I would like to stay downtown or close to. Has anyone used Sirens At The Loft or anywhere else down there? I was thinking about going to Teez but it's just so far out west. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Re: Hair & Make Up Downtown???

• Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in someone who would come to you to do hair and makeup, you should look into Marcia and her crew.  They came to the church for my wedding and did an amazing job and were the best price that I could find.  Her contact info is in my bios.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    Mascarello143Mascarello143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hair Market is really good! www.hairmarketsalon.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure about hair, but I know a girl who does AWESOME makeup! I actually found her on theknot.com. Her name is Christine and she is from Blush. I highly recommend her! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sirens at the loft does an amazing job..Amy is a make up artist I can speak highly of..I have worked with her on several photo shoots..and her work is flawless....Amy also does airbrush make up which lasts longer then your normal make up...also at Sirens I love Scott! He does fantastic hair! He has done my hair on many occasions for different photo shoots and shows..he has such a personality. Sirens also has a gorgeous day spa that is attached to the salon...very relaxing atmosphere.

If you go to Sirens ask for Scott and Amy tell them Chrissy sent you! =0) The red headed model...they will know who you are talking about.

If you want to see some photos of their work I can send you a link to my site that has some photos on it.
  • Options
    tarmar81tarmar81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at The Magnolia too so my bridesmaids and I went to The Hair Market. I'd been going to Hilda there for about a year already, so I had her do my hair trial and really liked it, so she did my wedding hair and makeup too.  I had a half-up do with all kinds of curls and it stayed in place all day and all night.  Hilda's truly amazing at wedding hair--I have no idea how she gets curls to stay in and look fresh for 12 hours, but she can do it. No complaints on my makeup either, it was natural but with enough shimmer to look very "bridal."

I no longer have HIlda cut my hair, but if I just need it styled, I'll go to her in an instant.  I had her do my makeup and hair for my Rock the Dress shoot as well and I loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards