Maine

Harbor View at Jones Landing Brides!

Hi Girls,
Anyone getting married/had a wedding at Harbor View at Jone's Landing on Peaks Island?  I booked my wedding there for September and want to share some ideas about set-up, vendors, etc.  Let's swap ideas!

Re: Harbor View at Jones Landing Brides!

• kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When in September?! I'm a September 17 bride at the Inn on Peaks Island, will we be wedding neighbors?!
  • lindylou79lindylou79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mine's September 24th.  I love the Inn on Peaks....they were booked though :(  Do you have your vendors booked yet?  Photographer, flowers, etc....I don't and am starting to stress.  Also, are you buying your guests ferry tickets for them?

• edited December 2011
    me me me!! I'm getting married at Jones Landing June 18!  I am using Heather Caron for flowers, Jen Lamoreau for photography & Rod Gudroe for DJ.  None of the vendors have worked out there before, but I'm not worried about it!! How many people r u having?  I'm maxing out the deck (196) so we have 16 person tables.. So our flowers are simple (probably single buds and votives.. just lots of them).  I haven't decided on buying ferry tickets.. if I don't I'm going to spread the word that people should buy them in books (they are cheaper that way) and split the book amongst friends.  R u getting married on site too? If so what are you using for an isle? So many questions!!
  • kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I decided against buying ferry tickets... I wish we could.. we'll see but probably not. Jen - thats a great idea about spreading the word on ticket books!!

Most of my vendors are booked. My photographers are Pixel Perfect weddings out of New Hampshire, and my music is Aaron Denny also from NH (just a coincidence that they're both from there!)  ...Neither of them have ever worked on Peak's but EVERY other vendor I talked to has done plenty of weddings on the Island and has had great things to say about it!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah books end up being like $5/ticket as oppose to $7.75 (I think?) so definitely let people know!! I also got the idea from our caterer to tell people the boat is at least 15 minutes earlier than it is incase people aren't use to parking & what not down there! So on my invitations I'm telling people the boat leaves at 3 pm instead of telling them it's 3:15.. and people from around here or that know the ferry schdule will know the difference!
  • lindylou79lindylou79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We haven't decided if we are going to purchase ferry tickets for people yet, but yes the commuter books are so much cheaper.  we are going out there this Saturday because my parents haven't seen it yet!  (we live in Boston)  We will hopefully be figuring out all the details.  I definitiley want an aisle...but it seems tricky becasue the space is so narrow...i've seen pics of people using the stone path as a kind of "side" aisle.  I am also concerned that we can only set up 60-70 charis for the ceremony (we are having about 120 pp)...my caterer told me about a wedding with about 200pp, hehe...must be yours!  Thanks for the vendor suggestions.  I am also doing very basic centerpieces(trying to keep the budget low).  Are you hiring a day of coordinator at all or just using the Event Cptn as one???  I know soooo many questions...let me know if you want to private message or email about ideas!

• katyschultekatyschulte member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a helpful thread. I didnt know about the ferry books!  I'm a Boston gal too so the planning is a little difficult when its a 2 hour commute.  I'm going to look into the florist you gals spoke of.
    If I may add to your conversation: I am getting married at the Inn on Peaks Island on July 16th.  We went with the Fat Cat Bakery in Portland for vanilla cupcakes with rasberry compote filling instead of cake.  They were $1.75 per cupcake so it was a super good deal!  We also hired a string quartet at $500/hour to play for the wedding and cocktail hour.  They are local music profs at U Maine and really nice. 
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_harbor-jones-landing-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:af174070-2222-45d8-a301-d11f1fb9b7afPost:76fdb429-615d-404d-a48e-1d0ba4b586f1">Re: Harbor View at Jones Landing Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a helpful thread. I didnt know about the ferry books!  I'm a Boston gal too so the planning is a little difficult when its a 2 hour commute.  I'm going to look into the florist you gals spoke of. If I may add to your conversation: I am getting married at the Inn on Peaks Island on July 16th.  We went with the Fat Cat Bakery in Portland for vanilla cupcakes with rasberry compote filling instead of cake.  They were $1.75 per cupcake so it was a super good deal!  We also hired a string quartet at $500/hour to play for the wedding and cocktail hour.  They are local music profs at U Maine and really nice. 
    Posted by katyschulte[/QUOTE]

We are date twins!  I'm getting married on July 16th as well, just on not Peaks Island.  I will be across the bay at Fort Williams/Portland Headlight!

I live up the street from Two Fat Cats...and they are soooooo yummy!  That is a great deal!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Corisue8Corisue8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

I'm planning on booking Harborview at Jones Landing on Peaks for my wedding next summer. For those of you that have already had yours so far this summer...what did you think?!  Did you end up pleased with the venue and your vendors?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards