Maryland-Baltimore

I am so confused? :( Can't decide on a wedding photographer... Plz help!!!!!!!

I am getting married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club and thought it would be best to go off their list...

Can anyone recommend the following...

D.bryant was definitely my 1st choice, but he is not available. He referred me to Sholomo Photography?
Photos by FA Formica
Larry Huffman
Carol Masica
Sachs Photography
Priceless Images
Hamilton Photography
Kimberley Brooke Photography
Kelly Burns Photography
Egomedia Photography

Any help is greatly appreciative. thanks!

Re: I am so confused? :( Can't decide on a wedding photographer... Plz help!!!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    I have not heard of many of those. I will be using Chad Lippiatt.

I also looked into Stephanie Miller, and Jenni from Forever Yesterday.
  • iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be using Stephanie Miller. 
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • edited December 2011
    I've never heard of any of those either.  Off the top of my head, in addition to Stephanie Miller and Jenni from Forever Yesterday (probably the two most recommended on this board), I can think of Rachel Naft and Matt Fuller.  I had an old thread bookmarked, but it was from before the format change so it doesn't work anymore. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • akraussakrauss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Katie Merkle Photography... that's who we are going with, she is located In Catonsville and has a great photojournalistic approach... She is reasonably priced since she's only been around for two years or so... but I absolutely love her work and cannot wait to work with her! =) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • strawberrycrzstrawberrycrz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of any of those either, we are using Jen Lowe. Check her out!
  • edited December 2011
    The only one I've heard of from that list is Hamilton Photography.  We used Stephanie Miller in Annapolis and I believe Hamilton Photography was the company she was working for when we booked her in addition to having her own company.  We were really happy with how our e-pics and wedding photos turned out.
  • edited December 2011
    You could also try Allison Evans fairytalemoment.com
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help with any of those, but we're using Leah Blaise from Photography by Leah.

http://www.facebook.com/byleah
    http://www.photographybyleah.com/

• edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of any of those either and I've been on the board for a long time.  Some favorites have been mentioned already - Jen Lowe was my photographer and there are not enough good things I could say about her.  Others are Jenni from Forever Yesterday, Mandi White, Stephanie Miller.

I wouldn't just go off of the preferred vendor list because there are so many talented photographers in the area that do fantastic work.  You can always check out weddingwire.com for reviews of any vendors you are considering.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Beautiful Rose Photography....The photographer is GREAT and her prices are resonable. She is out of Fredericksburg and her name is Victoria. Look up her website...www.beautifulrosephotography.com.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Kelly Hahn Photography. I love her. I've referred her to a bunch of people and they all have used and loved her.

http://www.kellyhahnphotography.com/
    imageimage
    The two loves of my life
  • jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the end, I was choosing between Fairytale Moments and Chad Lippiatt. We went with Chad in the end though.

I agree that you shouldnt limit yourselves to their list. But then, photography was very important to me, so I would have hunted beyond any list I was provided.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • saylorandtobysaylorandtoby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jen lowe!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Ray Persinger and he is in Catonsville. 
  • alicia4greatalicia4great member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have not heard any of them!  I used CarmenWangPhotography for my wedding and I can not be happier!!!

Check her out:  www.carmenwangphotography.com

• alicia4greatalicia4great member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Strongly recommend that when you meet the photographers, you see at least 3 wedding photos (150 photos for each at least). 

Getting an engagement session is a great idea before committing $5K on one photographer you might not like at all.  I fired my photographer after the engagement session.
  • forrma7forrma7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi! i'm also a CBBC bride and i'm using egomedia photography.

although i havent had the wedding yet, i can tell you that their portfolio is amazing, and the way they edit and approach photography is much more unique than some others, including ones you've mentioned.
    they are extremely professional, yet very down-to-earth and relaxed. i felt like we were friends off the bat, and i'm confident they will do a great job. other vendors have told me they really love them.

i've met with sachs photography, and i liked them, but they didn't come off as professional to me, but that's just a vibey thing, more personal.

good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am so surprised that some knotties used the same photographer as me.  My budget was $3000 for photographer and some photographers are NOT good in that price range.   I have been very picky with my wedding photographer and we met 10 of them.  I prepared with a long list of questions!!! 

Finally we booked CarmenWangPhotography and they were very good compared to the price ($2000).   Eight months later they shot our wedding and they were very professional and easy going.  They stayed calm even when they had only 5 minutes for bridal shots.  Wow, the photos are amazing, much better than the photos they showed us before.  It turned out they have been upgrading them with all the best lens and camera.  They have done a lot of training and self-studies.  I will not be surprised if their price reaches $6000 for one wedding.

Check them out:  www.carmenwangphotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    We used Heather Coburn, www.heathercoburn.com Great prices, and fun to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards