Catholic Weddings

Met with the Deacon again... much better this time!

So, it was like night and day from the last time we met with the deacon. This time, he didn't yell, he didn't ask questions that made no sense then yell at me, or anything. 

He was actually... nice! Therefore, I think he was just having a really bad day last time.

Anyway, we went over our FOCCUS results, and he said that he has never seen a couple that only needed to meet with him for one session, and that most couples need about three. In the categories we didn't agree on (which was only two), we still agreed with each other 92% of the time.

He was totally shocked. I'm really happy with those results because I think he was expecting us to have a lot of disagreements.
118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: Met with the Deacon again... much better this time!

• edited December 2011
    That is great. I am glad to hear it worked out better this time for you. Our experience was great with the pre-cana/marriage prep stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    Glad it went much better this time for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's great!  Though I'm really surprised that he said most couples need three meetings.  When we did our foccus, we agreed on a lot of stuff too and the couple said nice things.  But, they said that only some people have to come for a second meeting.  i don't think anyone had to come for a third. But, they might've met with them for longer.  

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know. This deacon is strange in general.
    118 image
  • edited December 2011
    I am glad that it all worked out for you.  I am actually hoping to have to meet with our priest more than a few times.  Not because I think there are issues for us to work on, but because he is newer to our parish and I want to get more comfortable with him.  It will be nice to know him on a more personal level too. 
  • edited December 2011
    That is funny because my FI and I had the same experience when going over the FOCCUS.  The couple we met with were really impressed....we met a second time simply because they felt obligated to meet again.  We really didn't need it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_met-deacon-again-much-better-this-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:e264881c-9503-4113-9dab-dc66fcef8017Post:013fe13e-f0c9-42b1-beab-1f8294ebf41c">Re: Met with the Deacon again... much better this time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am glad that it all worked out for you.  I am actually hoping to have to meet with our priest more than a few times.  Not because I think there are issues for us to work on, but because he is newer to our parish and I want to get more comfortable with him.  It will be nice to know him on a more personal level too. 
    Posted by mlhw-nh[/QUOTE]

<div>Since this deacon was seriously mean the first time we met with him, and since he's not only not doing our wedding but is also not at our parish, I feel no obligation to get to him. I'm perfectly happy with our two total times meeting with him lol.</div>
    118 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards