Wisconsin

Vendor Suggestions Wausau/Central WI

Looking for suggestions for anything wedding related in the Central WI area. (or within reasonable distance) Looking for DECORATORS (none in Wausau, aside from one I dislike) linen backdrop and head tables, possibly lighting, etc.

Thank you so much! Also looking for fun reception ideas (photo booths etc)

Re: Vendor Suggestions Wausau/Central WI

• edited December 2011
    For tents, tables, chairs, etc I'm using JK Rental out of Kewaskum.  I'm getting married in Green Lake and they have no problem making the drive.  For cakes, I am using someone out of Oconomowoc, but tried both Simple Simon and Manderfield in the Appleton/Neenah area.  They were both pretty good.  For a decorator, there's a guy out of Princeton that does some cool stuff-his store is called Embellished.  Hope that helps a little!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, that does help! I"m going to look into the decorator. For cakes I' m trying to find someone who does artificial ones. Where just the top tier is real for the cake cutting. It saves a TON of money, and then you just have sheet cake passed. No one knows the difference. My sister had it done, but the woman has since closed her business. Wish I could find someone else.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Most bakers will do that.  I'm quite sure that simple simon and manderfield both do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ryan & JessRyan & Jess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out Heather Kessler. She is a photographer from Stevens Point. Very reasonable very modern. She also recommends a lot of venders from the area on her blog.
  • phatenigmaphatenigma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Antigo and the planning process has been hell.  All of our vendors have to come in from Madison, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis because the talent pool and professionalism isn't great in Central Wisconsin as I'm sure you are learning.  The one local vendor we are using is Sweet Nothings for the cake out of Wausau.  They have been great to work with!  Don't be afraid to use vendors outside of Central Wisconsin.  The ones that we have chosen are comarably priced but way way way more talented and professional!  Good Luck!
  • WorIdTravlrWorIdTravlr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendors are known for posing as brides in these forums. Your safest bet is to check out the featured vendors listed on the here on the knot.
  • JessieH11JessieH11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Heather Kessler for photography and she has been so awesome to work with and we haven't even donepictures!  Shes been really helpful suggesting reception places, etc since she does so many weddings, she's seen it all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards