Illinois-Chicago
Options

Suggestions for Tuxes?

FI is finally taking on the task of picking out the tuxes for himself and his groomsmen!
This morning he asked me to "ask the Knot" where he should get his tux so I am deferring to you guys: how much was FI's tux (or suit) and where did you rent it from?
TIA!

Re: Suggestions for Tuxes?

• Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black Tie Formalwear!

They were awesome! The tuxes were great quality and fit everyone really well. It was so easy for our OOT groomsmen to order and pickup their tuxes. But the best was that the same exact suit was $40 less ($120) than at Men's Wearhouse ($160), we received 1 more free tux (3) vs MW (2), and the RB's tux was only $75 compared to full price at MW ($160).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours are from Formally Modern Tuxedo. I didn't really look around, but they seem fairly good quality (not a cheesy tux place) and give good pricing. Everything has been good so far!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we'll probably be using "mens wearhouse" they are nationally so all are bridal party is spread across the states, so its convenient for us all and reasonably priced.
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a suggestion for tuxes but just wanted to comment on your FI telling you to ask the knot. Hilar! SmileMy FI would totally do this too with wedding questions, it's funny that they know so much about it
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Black Tie Formalwear and loving that your FI told you to ask the knot!  We picked out tuxes a few weekends ago at the Schaumburg location and it was great, nice stuff and the staff was very helpful.  My FI picked the upgraded tuxes and it was $155 pp all-in. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did mens waregouse because the colors matched
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i second black tie formalwear.  we haven't officially booked but the lady we have been working with has been nothing short of fantastic.  great communication and she even called to tell FI to say she was able to find the vest he was REALLY REALLY hoping to get.  i would poke fun at him here but that is what gave me the inspiration for our theme/invites :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love black tie formalwear so far.  Instead of taking the free tuxs, we had the option to split it up among all of the groomsmen.  So everyone is paying about $110 (including tax and shoes). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Formally Modern Tuxedo.  FI read some bad reviews about Men's Warehouse, so we decided not to use them.  We've had excellent customer service with FMT.  They didn't have a navy tuxedo, so they were able to find 3 options from their partners to ship into their store.  We went in to decide which one we liked best, and they ended up being $140/tux. I think if you rent 3 you get one free, and 6 or more is 2 free.  
  • Options
    Schroeder246Schroeder246 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Question for those of you that went with Black Tie Formalwear - 

Did any of you deal with OOT groomsmen?  Our WP has one in Cali, 3 in Chicago, 3 in Massachusetts, and one in Alaska.

Help!
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Black Tie Formalwear and have OOT groomsmen.  It's fairly standard for the guys to stop at any local formalwear shop and get their measurements taken.  We were told that the stores do measurements for each other as a professional courtesy.  They can then call or submit them online to Black Tie.  So it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of our Groomsmen were from OOT. They just went to their local formalwear place and got measured. They could either sumbit the measurements through the BTFW website or call the store. It was super easy and we had no issues.

We originally were going to use MW because they're national, but after talking with BTFW we realized that it did't matter at all if there was a location near our GM. This is a VERY common issue for weddings and there's a professional association for formalwear shops that dictates that if you are a member (and pretty much every single shop is), you must measure any guy that walks in, whether he is buying/renting from you or not. They can charge a small fee for measuring, but I don't think it can be any more than $10.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards