June 2012 Weddings
Options

Question

How long is yall's reception gonna be?  Are yall leaving early for the honeymoon? I'm pretty sure mine is gonng be around four hours from 3-7pm. My mom thinks we should leave around 6 because we are driving three hours to our hotel.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Question

• Options
    Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Our reception will probably start around 4:30/5 depending on how long pictures last. (Our ceremony starts at 3). I don't have a set time for when we will leave, I want to enjoy it as long as we can. We only have a 45 minute drive back to FI/our house.

ETA: I don't think we would be there any later then 9 or 10
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our ceremony is at 5 and cocktail hour is from 6-7, so the reception will officially start at 7/7:15 and we'll leave either at 10:30 or 10:45.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:cdd6c6f0-4a97-4424-bfe3-e3b378a944f3Post:3733adbb-4f3c-4650-84ee-a1b29d501d6d">Re: Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our ceremony is at 5 and cocktail hour is from 6-7, so the reception will officially start at 7/7:15 and we'll leave either at 10:30 or 10:45.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]
    what time is your ceremony?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our cocktail hour will start at 4, dinner 5-5:30, then probably done by 10
  • Options
    Mine is a little later than everybody's but still about the same amount of time. The way our venue books events forced us to start our ceremony at 6 which puts the reception starting at about 7 - 7:30 and then we will leave around 11.
  • Options
    Cocktail hour starts at 5pm, dinner at 6pm... We have the room till midnight. We have free room at the hotel so we will stay there till morning... Our ceremony is at 130pm.
    Gary & I camping... We love camping... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ceremony at 7
    Dinner at 7:30
    Reception at 9 - 1 am
    We'll leave at 12 am
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our ceremony starts at 5:00 which will probably last about 30 minutes and we're planning on having the reception done around 11:00, at least thats when we have our DJ until!  We're actually staying in the same place that our wedding is going to be since it doubles as a bed and breakfast so we won't have to worry about travelling anywhere. 
  • Options
    Ceremony: 5:30
    Cocktail Hour: 6-7
    Reception: 7-11

We're not leaving early.  We're staying at the same hotel as everyone else is after the wedding and having an "after party" so who knows when that will end.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ceremony: 6pm
    Cocktail hour: 6:30-7:30
    Reception: 7:30-11pm

We are staying at our venue so no leaving early. But our wedding is on a Friday night, so that is why we are starting a little later than most.
  • Options
    Our ceremony starts at 6. Dinner is at 7:30 the. The reception ends at 11.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are definitely not leaving early, least of all for the honeymoon since that won't be until next December or January!  Our reception ends at 11, regardless, and I anticipate staying the whole time.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    Our ceremony starts at 6 and the reception is from 6:30 to 11:30 (you literally walk inside for the reception). 

We are staying for the entire thing, helping pack up, and then will be heading to a hotel (likely) near the airport to stay the night and head out early the next day for our honeymoon.
  • Options
    Our ceremony is at 2, our reception is 6-12 with the cocktail hour at 6 reception 7-11then we are having the Venetian hour is from 11-12. We will probably stay for the whole thing and be the last ones to leave, we aren't flying out till monday for our honeymoon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ceremony 5pm-5:30pm
    Pics at church 5:30-5:45pm
    Drive to reception 5:45-6:15pm
    Cocktail hour 6:15-7:15pm
    Reception 7:15pm-12:15am

We have a room included in our package so we will be staying right at the hotel. We are also advising others to book a room if they are going to drink a bit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options

Cocktail hour: 6-7
    Dinner, music, etc: 7-12

We're giving the DJ a heads up that we need to be out by midnight, so he will wind down and end it by 11:30 so there is time for everyone to clear out. Chris and I want to stay until the very last person leaves - just so we can say goodbye to our last guests.

Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    Ceremony is at 3:30
    Dinner starts at 5:00
    and we have the venue till 10:00

We thought about leaving at like 9:30 but changed our minds. I want to spend as much time with my friends and family as I can. We leave for our honeymoon the next day at 11:30pm
  • Options
    Ours seems late for this thread, but average of what happens around here.

Ceremony - 4pm
    Cocktail hour - 7pm
    Reception - 8pm-12am

We're not leaving early; I'm not going to miss a single second of that day!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ceremony- 6pm
    Reception- 6:30-10:30pm
    Dinner will be served between 6:30-6:45pm

We're not having a cocktail hour, and we don't plan on leaving early.
  • Options
    Our ceremony is 7-7:30ish on site.  Cocktail hour is 7:30-8:30.  We have a 5 hour open bar starting at the beginning of cocktail hour so that would take us until 12:30.  We will have to drive about 10 mins to our B&B (same owners so we get a free night).  Luckily FI doesn't drink so I have a DD anyway.  We do not plan on leaving early as we are not leaving for our honeymoon until 10 days later.
  • Options
    Ceremony at 2 Cocktail hour at 4:30 or 5 (we don't have it set in stone yet) Dinner at 5:30 or 6 Reception for 4 hours Definitely not leaving early! We have a complimentary room at the hotel after the reception. I want to enjoy every minute of the day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pics start at 1
    ceremony at 4
    cocktails 5:30
    dinner & dancing 6:30-1am (that is the way it is here)
    our honeymoon is 6 weeks later. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cassandra999Cassandra999 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    Ceremony is at 5:30.  Cocktail hr, Dinner, Then Reception ends at 10.  We are not leaving early.   We have reserved the bar/lounge in our hotel lobby for after party.  The WP, family, OOT guests and we will be staying at this hotel. 
    We are not leaving for the honeymoon until Monday (wedding is Saturday).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ceremony: 4pm
    Cocktail hour: 4:30-5:30
    Reception: 5:30-11:30, with option of buying extra time if the party is still going strong.

We'll stay as long as we feel like it!  We leave on our honeymoon in the middle of the following week, so no rushing or worrying about getting back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards