Florida-North Florida

Hi! I'm a new St. Augustine Bride

My name is Annie, FI is Paul. We live near Boston, and I'm from the Cape. After a lot of juggling dates, we've returned from FL, and it looks like we're getting married in St. Augustine! I went to Flagler, and my fi's parents are in the Orlando area.

Looks like the reception will be at the Casa Monica, on the pool deck. Still trying to decide on ceremony site- I love the Flagler Ballroom at the Casa Monica, but we're also looking into the Government House courtyard, to maybe keep everything outside.

Looks like the date is October 29, 2012. So, Hi! Any ideas on ceremony locations would be appreciated!

Re: Hi! I'm a new St. Augustine Bride

• amberhockettamberhockett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello I am also getting married at the Casa Monica in about 2 months. We are having our reception in the Sultans Pavilion and the reception in the Casa Monica Ballroom. Are you using a wedding planner? If so and haven't gotten one yet I suggest Sarah Grace the is the owner of The Big Event out of St Augustine And she is amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and good luck with the planning!  We had our wedding at the Government House and loved it.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married right next to the Casa Monica in the Lightner Museum garden. I love it there!
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! We got married in St. Augustine last month and loved it. So did our guests! Our ceremony was at the Cathedral Basilica and our reception was the the River House.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!

Kappa, in searching out venues, your photos were a large part of why we're considering the government house for our ceremony- just beautiful! Plus I love the flags- both my FI and I have family in the UK (about 60% of the guests are coming from England), and we were engaged in Spain- so the flags there are very apropos for us!

We've pretty much decided on the pool deck at the Casa Monica for the reception- just have to finalize the ceremony site. I LOVE the Flagler Ballroom, but the Govt House would be fantastic if the weather cooperates! Kappa, does the interior of the Gov't house work for an inside ceremony in case of bad weather?

Amber, thank you for the suggestion- I probably will be needing a coordinator, since we live in Boston!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards